LOC9008: United Technologies Research Center Ireland , 4th Floor, Penrose Business Center, Penrose Wharf, Cork – Ireland The Thermo-Mechanical Systems Discipline as part of the Advanced Systems & Demonstrators Department invites qualified individuals to apply for the position of a Senior Research Scientist in the area of Thermo-Mechanical Systems. More specifically, the ideal candidate will work in the area of multi-fidelity modeling, simulation, validation, and analysis of systems for aerospace applications. We support ART mission by developing advanced research programs and new capabilities and transitioning technologies to Collins Aerospace business units. Technology demonstrations of components and systems of relevance to Collins Aerospace will also be an important part of the research.
- Scientific and Engineering Contributions: Multi-physics modeling (CFD, CAA, thermal, mechanical, electrical), analysis and simulation of thermo-mechanical systems leading to tools and methodologies for design and optimization of next generation of aircraft systems. Develop technologies at different levels of maturity, from initial scientific concepts through to validation in industrial-strength environments
- Effective Teamwork: Work effectively in multidisciplinary projects within ART and Collins Aerospace. In addition to technical contributions, provide timely, accurate reports and presentations to key stakeholders. Collaborate with consortium partners as part of externally funded projects (e.g. Horizon Europe, Clean Aviation).
- Proposal writing: Assist and lead in developing proposals for externally-funded research (EU, National) and collaborating with external partners such as companies, national labs and universities.
- IP Generation: Actively pursue patenting and publication opportunities
Qualifications & Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams to successfully achieve desired technical outcomes within time and budget constraints
- Results-oriented with strong communication skills and customer focus
- Demonstrated ability to write proposals and win external funding/contracts/grants
- Motivated self-starter with a strong enthusiasm to learn and passion for speed and agility
- Willingness to go beyond the original field of expertise
Education & Experience
- A PhD in Mechanical Engineering or a related field, with 0-2+ years of industrial or academic experience or MA/MS degree, with 2-5+ years of industrial or academic experience
- Expert experience in thermodynamic modeling, structure analysis of aircraft systems and basic experience of acoustics modelling
- Expert knowledge in at least two software packages: Dymola/Modelica, CFD (Ansys, STAR-CCM), MATLAB, Payton
- Experience with development of simulation programs to analyze systems performance
- Record of technical contributions, including publications in refereed technical journals and major conferences in thermo-mechanical systems;
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms