- Acts as the technical interface to decomposes the customer’s system level requirements to detailed hardware and software requirements
- Provides guidance to the engineering IPT team on system architectures to meet requirements and recommends architecture improvements
- Coordinates compliance assessment and validation / verification activities to ensure that requirements are met
- Works closely with the Software Systems Engineer to ensure seamless hardware and software integration
- Researches, develops, designs, analyzes and tests system architectures improvements
- Provides technical support for investigations into production and field product failure
- Continuously find opportunities to improve processes and reduce cost
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related field and 5 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years’ experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Candidate must be a U.S Citizen.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & customer focus
- Experience with DO-160 and DO-178 a plus
- DOORs Experience
- Hardware/Software integration and troubleshooting
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation.
In January 2021, Collins Aerospace will be expanding a new Global Engineering Center (GEC) facility in Puerto Rico, with plans to hire up to 250 employees over the next 5 years at our Aguadilla site.
Join our growing engineering team in Puerto Rico, where you will provide critical support to Collins SBUs – including our Mission Systems and Power & Controls teams – working on exciting programs and projects ranging from the development of the next generation of advanced concept ejection seats to the latest technologies for the U.S. warfighter.
Do you have what it takes to be a part of a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams and the status quo, and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 8 free counseling sessions
- And more!