Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The ideal candidate possesses a vast robotics and automation systems understanding and takes great pride in alleviating human responsibility and error through automation of a process. The candidate will be involved in benchmarking, specification, solution development, and programming of various automation & robotics systems while interacting with cross functional group, particularly the Manufacturing Engineering, Quality and Operations group to develop the best solutions. The candidate is continuously learning and staying up-to-date with the latest advancements in the field of Industry 4.0, and looks to integrate discovered solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Capability acquisition of new technology that create business value aligning to operations modernization strategy
- Identifies, justifies, and implements new technology and manufacturing techniques to improve safety/ergonomics, reduce manufacturing cost (labor, material, inventory, scrap), and improve product/process quality
- Responsible for creation of automated cell concepts, authors Robotics/PLC controlling software, program, ensures proper operation of cells in accordance with Collins Aerospace and industry, RIA safety and standards.
- Design, develop and implement automation control programs specific to project requirement which may involve robotics, vision systems, PC and PLC
- Develop and implement parameters and test plans for new and existing designs, including validation of mechanical, electrical, software, and other engineering specifications and requirements
- Collaborate and communicate with management, internal, and outsourced development partners/ institutes regarding design status, project progress, and issue resolution
- Technical project planning and execution on development projects in accordance to Collins Management System (SOR preparation, forecasting/ cost/benefit analysis, controls/robotics design, equipment build/run-off and buyoff)
- Support and provide technical advice on automation engineering to the global operations
The successful candidate will be one who is readily available to work across multiple business units and professional functions through strong integrated project management and computing skills.
Qualification and Education Requirements
Minimum Education required (specific field or equivalent):
- Bachelor degree in a technical discipline, with emphasis on Mechanical/ Manufacturing/ Electrical/ Mechatronics/ Automation/ Computer Engineering
- A passion for automation and advanced robotics
Minimum years of experience in role:
- 2 – 5 years experiences with robotics or control system for industrial automation
- Strong technical knowledge of automation/ electrical/control/ pneumatic/ hydraulic systems and the ability to apply these concepts within a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical concepts involving machine designs, process requirements involved in the manufacturing process
- Fresh graduate with highly self- motivated personality are welcome to apply as well
Preferred Skills (if any):
- Demonstrated Excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members to solve problems and resolve issues.
- NX-CAD & CAM, ABB/ Fanuc robot programming, PLC programming
- Experience in mechanical, electrical or pneumatic design for automation system
- Experience in offline programming (Robotstudio, Roboguide, Robotmaster)
- Experience in HMI programming
18 Bedok South Road, Singapore
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.