This position will have the opportunity to work with advanced Additive Manufacturing technologies in the Innovation Hub (iHUB) established under the support of the Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB). The incumbent will be stretched to learn new skills and deploy the technologies into the Global Environment as well as in Singapore Operations.
Roles and responsibilities:
- The Senior AM Engineer will lead projects, and be responsible for project deliverables, timeline, and milestones.
- Work with strategic business units (SBUs) to develop additive manufacturing parameters for aircraft components. Identify problems, define objectives, risk assessment, develop methodology, analyze test results, and provide recommendations
- Be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to iHub AM team, perform material characterization and process development for polymer and metal alloy.
- Hands on experience in AM processes including, FDM, L-PBF, DED
- Develop post processing parameters such as heat treatment
- Provide feedback to design engineers to continuously improve the AM part production process
- Work with quality manager to establish procedures and maintain quality standards.
Minimum Education required (specific field or equivalent):
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical/ Material Science/Metallurgy)
Minimum work experience: 3 to 5 years of industry experience in AM
Preferred skills and knowledge:
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and meticulous at work
- Ability to perform design of experiment (DOE) on process parameter development
- Must be hands-on and work well within the team
- Proficient in software like Ultimaker Cura, Ansys Discovery 3D Simulation, Magic
- Experience in topology optimization of 3D printed parts