Bringing space down to earth. We are building the first scalable earth observation platform with the ability to remap the entire planet at both high-frequency and high-resolution.
Satellogic aims to capture every square meter of the Earth’s surface to derive insights and enable better decision making for industries, governments, and individuals. Addressing some of humanity’s most pressing challenges, such as providing food or distributing energy for nine billion people without depleting resources, requires real-time planet-scale data. Satellogic has created small, inexpensive satellites, that transmit real-time data and images back home. Our constellation already has several high-resolution satellites in orbit and is growing to 300 in the next few years to provide new insights about our planet.
Comms Systems engineer
As Comms HBR Systems engineer, you will be end-to-end responsible of our high bitrate radio product during its whole lifetime: conception, design, support during manufacturing, acceptance, in-orbit commission, support during launch, operations, and decommission.
In this role, you will:
- Translate high level requirements into hbr link requirements and specifications. Pull and push requirements from and to other products.
- Know all technical details and trade-offs involved in a comms link budget design in order to develop all hbr subsystems properly.
- Assess performance, quality, manufacturing efficiency, lifetime, and reliability of the product in order to meet company goals.
- Agily shoot software or hardware changes to improve performance, quality, manufacturing efficiency, lifetime, and/or reliability of the product if required to meet company goals.
- Create projects, summon manpower, and conduct interdisciplinary research or engineering in order to meet product requirements.
- Manage manufacturing, assembly, integration, deploy, commissioning, and operation issues related to the product.
- Develop test equipment and be involved in laboratory test activities
- Define acceptance criteria and testing for each product part during production.
- Offer tier 3 support during manufacturing, commissioning, and operations regarding his/her product.
- Design metrics in order to fulfill Comms Metrics Engineer requirements.
- Be aware of high speed modulation and coding techniques.
- Be able to define elements in our HBR protocol stack.
What we value
- Basic Education: PhD, Msc or equivalent experience in electronics engineering.
- Programming languages
- Python: proficiency level
- C/C++: intermediate level
- VHDL: basic level
- RF hardware design: Amplifiers, frontends, antennas.
- Experience with open source SDR platforms such as GNURadio
- Telecommunication Theory: Signal processing, channel coding, formatting and baseband modulation.
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools (gitlab or similar).
- Linux ecosystem.
- Familiarity with automation tools (Docker compose or similar).
- Experience: More than two years in interdisciplinary team leadership, experience in writing proposals and planning tasks.
- Language: english and spanish.
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.