We offer competitive compensation and our benefits packages are customized per location to better match local needs. Here in the spotlight are 3 of them for our employees located in the Netherlands.
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Communication Systems & Technologies Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Telecommunication Systems & Techniques Section, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Telecom network standards and protocols;
- SATCOM system and networks from Layer 2 and above;
- Link layer computer simulations;
- Telecom networking security;
- Assistance in preparation of invitation to tenders related to ESA R&D.
- Activities and contracts technical follow-up;
- Specific engineering support to space projects developed by ESA and/or by major European industries/operators;
- Validation of designs by means of analyses, simulations, laboratory testing and field trials (possibly in co-operation with third parties);
- Design, implementation and testing tasks for technological projects.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree or equivalent qualification in electrical, computer or telecommunications engineering;
- Solid background in Internet, secure IP and applications/networking technologies;
- Knowledge of SATCOM systems and networks from layer 2 and above together with familiarity with link layer computer simulations is required;
- Knowledge of modern computer systems, programming languages, and security testing and validation tools is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of satellite communication architectures and techniques;
- Experience in analysis and design of modern digital communication systems, coding and synchronization issues;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from January 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send us your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word).
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!