Analytical Space is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace for passionate people with big ideas.
Communications/Digital RF Engineer who will be part of a dynamic team to design flight capable RF solutions for use in software-defined radio systems. You will work with the Engineering Team to lead the design and implementation of FPGA-based radio systems to carry out communications between assets in the ASI network. Your solutions will be deployed on both space and ground systems for space-to-space and space-to-ground communications. You will regularly interface with the Operations and Business Development Teams to gather customer requirements for continued and future operational needs and network evolution.
- Development of end-to-end FPGA SoC comms solutions on the ASI technical team
- Work with and drive technical team to develop, test and deploy in-flight SDR configurations
- Interface with the Operations Team technical staff to provide SDR support for in-space assets
- Work with management to identify comms system development priorities, develop option space for company objectives, develop near- and mid-term execution plans
- Interface with the Business Development Team to identify short- and long-term communications system requirements
- Very strong communications fundamentals (modem, FEC, synchronization, analysis)
- Experience with GNU Radio (custom processing and application development)
- Experience with custom FPGA Modem DSP, prototyping and bring up
- Experience with FPGA system design – simulation, clock management, resource management
- Experience with end-to-end testing, validation, characterization
Preferred Skills/We’d like to see:
- Experience with RF Front-end electronics – LNA, PA, converters, down converters, etc.
- Experience with mobile network architectures and OSI model
- Experience with satellite-based communications
- Experience with Xilinx / ADI or Ettus SOC-based FPGAs
- Experience in other, non-RF FPGA utility – LVDS, DSP, DMA, etc.
- Experience with project scoping, planning, cost-risk assessments