SatixFy designs next-generation satellite communication systems based on in-house developed chipsets. SatixFy develops a line of satellite communication modems with Software Defined Radio (SDR) and Electronically Steered Multi Beam Antennas (ESMA) to support the most advanced standards, such as DVB-S2X.
Design, develop and support bespoke communications platforms which integrate custom hardware with embedded software for deployment on off-the-shelf Linux server devices.
Reporting to the local team leader, the candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop & maintain software used by SatixFy products, based on high-level architecture specs;
- Integration of 3rd party systems with bespoke Linux-based software;
- Timely delivery of software to a variety of product lines integrating Linux server platforms and
- Maintain code quality standards using industry-recognised tools;
- Support automation tools and continuous integration methodologies;
- Take ownership of issues on SatixFy products and engage with customers and suppliers as appropriate;
- Produce documentation at all levels of lifecycle (concept, design, training material etc.);
- Travel to customer sites & remote offices for product bring-up/support where necessary.
Job Requirements – including work experience and education
- 3 or more years C and/or C++ commercial expertise;
- Experience of full lifecycle user-space software development on a Linux platform;
- Optionally, some embedded software experience, preferably on ARM/MIPS or similar microprocessors;
- Optionally, communications system domain knowledge, e.g. cellular, satellite or similar;
- TCP/IP expertise, across the full range of protocols, including performance enhancements;
- Some knowledge of common internet approaches and protocols: REST, MQTT, JSON, JWT, TLS etc.
- Linux configuration and deployment, including use of VMs, fault detection and recovery;
- Linux kernel expertise is not essential, but good to have;
- Version Control e.g. GIT and/or SVN or similar.
- Familiarity with process automation tools e.g. JIRA, GitLab, Jenkins, GoogleTest