Make Impossible Possible in New Space - Join ICEYE
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
We launched the world’s first small SAR satellite in January 2018. To date, ICEYE has successfully launched a total of 10 SAR satellite missions and has raised $152M in financing. We don’t plan to stop – join our team and let’s achieve great things together!
ICEYE is a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, Spain, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our culture, we value teamwork, curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for a Composite Structures Designer to support our Lightweight Structures team based in the South of Spain.
As a Composite Structures Designer, you will work closely with the Principal Mechanical Engineer to support key R&D projects. You will also interact closely with the supply chain team to ensure good workflow and streamline production.
- Design complex composite structures
- Design of composite manufacturing tooling
- Preparation of manufacturing documentation
- DMU product owner
Your skillset and background:
- Master’s degree in aerospace/mechanical engineering or similar
- Experience with with Autodesk Inventor
- Experience with airframe design
- Knowledge about design and manufacturing of composite materials
- Proficient level of English (B2-level)
Nice to have:
- Hands-on approach to work
- Proficient in Python scripting
Our perks and benefits:
- A job that matters
- A dynamic new-space environment with a start-up vibe and a scale-up approach
- Space for self-development, research time
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- An extremely motivated team of top-tier engineers and commercial operations to work with
- Relocation support (flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Internal events for employees on a regular basis (e.g. sports events, team-building events etc.)
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English as soon as possible. The role will be filled when a suitable candidate is found, so act now!