Working as part of the Electron Vehicle Team, you will have the opportunity to work on a launch vehicle using state of the art manufacturing and production techniques.
We need your expertise in preparing moulds for laminating and experience in laminating composite parts to the highest of standards.
We are thinkers and we are doers. You will be working in a very dynamic, fast pace environment of makers and problem-solvers. So each of your ideas are very quickly put to the test and integrated on-board of the vehicle.
- Preparation of moulds for laminating
- Work from laminate schedules and plans to achieve accurate and consistent parts
- Laminate composite parts to the highest of standards
- Able to maintain accurate record keeping of a job during lamination
- Keep workspace clean and tidy to maintain the integrity of the part being built for spaceflight application – it is vital that the work area is tidy at all times.
- Please Note: Overtime will be required on occasion to achieve deadlines
- Qualified composite technician or proven industry experience
- 3+ years laminating experience
- Take pride in delivering work to the highest standard
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A problem solver with a proactive, enthusiastic, creative and open approach to learning.
- Capable of working as part of a team as well as autonomously
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Heavy emphasis on achievement and details – getting things done efficiently, effectively and to the highest quality standards.
- The ability to take a flexible approach and to adapt to change quickly
- Have tenacity, a can do attitude and the ability to think quickly and make accurate judgements.
- A passion for building composite materials for space
Why Rocket Lab?
We’ll offer you a career-defining role, with interesting, meaningful projects working with world leading experts. You will be challenged every day; there will be lots to learn and plenty to do. Based at our new state of the art facility in Mt Wellington, Auckland, this role comes with a range of staff benefits including subsidised meals and an on-site gym. If you want to be challenged, solve problems with innovation and work on the advanced space systems that are changing an entire industry, Rocket Lab is the place to do it.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality.