Client Development Director, Global Insurers
Concirrus is at the forefront of digital transformation in the specialty and automotive insurance markets.
Our talented team worked closely with the insurance community to create Quest. Quest is our expertly designed, intuitive, cloud-based digital underwriting platform built upon cutting edge technical architecture. Quest helps the insurance market seamlessly combine complex datasets, and using AI and machine learning, the platform analyses the data to provide insights to transform the way that underwriters select and price risk.
We believe that the key to delivering state-of-the-art insurance in today’s connected world is data, and we’re continuously evaluating datasets that will add value to our clients.
Concirrus doesn’t just want to see the insurance market survive, we believe that with the right tools, the industry could thrive. Customers rely on our team to deliver:
- Class leading datasets to enhance their understanding of real-time risk
- Streamlined data analysis and automated processes
- Cutting edge risk models driven by the latest developments in AI and machine learning to deliver greater efficiencies
- Transparent insights into the behaviours that correlate to claims
- The latest innovations in technology to help them succeed
- All delivered through beautifully designed web applications
Our product suite does the heavy lifting so that our clients can focus their expertise on innovative risk management and pricing.
We’re data scientists, innovators, entrepreneurs, designers, developers, and insurance specialists. We’re also guitarists, rally drivers, athletes, art collectors and investors. We’re an astonishingly diverse bunch with shared values and this suits the way we work.
With backing from insurance and deep tech investors, and a passionate and driven team based in London and Delhi NCR, we’re looking for exceptional people excited by our vision to help us make it happen.
We are currently seeking an experienced Client Development Director to join our rapidly expanding London team in a senior individual contributor role. Over time and subject to performance this role will evolve into a leadership role.
Concirrus grew tenfold last year and we expect significant scale and international expansion through 2021.
In this role you will be responsible for selling transformational solutions and partnerships to global insurers. Unlike our core hull deals, these deals are typically multi-line and incorporate our data, modelling and digital technology assets into SaaS analytics and platform solutions.
You will be a practiced enterprise sales professional, developing and managing large transformational deals with world leading companies. You will have the capacity to understand our data and modelling solution assets, and the drive and curiosity to direct our internal teams towards the client’s objectives. You will be comfortable with selling 7 figure deals and competent in building and executing account and sales strategies.
You will have experience in selling to or working within large insurers, able to combine your practitioner knowledge with Quest technology to drive significant joint opportunities.
As a senior member of the team, you will provide experience, coaching and thought leadership internally to team members, and work directly with the VP of Sales and CEO on building our commercial strategy.
- Achieving targets by selling data, modelling, platform and software solutions to the largest organisations in the specialty markets.
- Retaining and developing strategic partnerships with existing and new clients.
- Developing and executing sales account plans.
- Contributing to and developing value propositions for core and partner offerings.
- Developing a deep knowledge of target markets and thinking creatively about solving their problems.
- Feeding this back to our internal product and technical team.
- Playing a leadership role on the “Global Insurers” territory, working with sales and technical sales to develop and close.
- Monthly sales forecasting and business planning for board and management meetings.
- 15+ years of experience selling technology and analytics solutions to large global organisations.
- Strategic or consultative selling expertise, and relationship management experience.
- Ability to run entire sales process, including commercial structuring and negotiation.
- Proficient in professional selling techniques and methodologies such as Miller Heiman; Consultative Selling; Challenger Sales.
- Comfort with internal financials, including forecasting and budget planning.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong academic background.
Nice to have:
- Significant insurance industry or broking experience.
- Experience selling complex analytics or modelling tools.
- Knowledge of the (re)insurance markets and/or the Maritime, Cargo, Aviation or Supply Chain industries.
- Market experience or qualifications.
- A proven track record in a mix of hunter/farmer roles.
- Examples of entrepreneurship or innovation.
- Knowledge of big data and AI technologies.
As well as the opportunity to work on projects that you enjoy in an environment you’ll love, we like to look after our team members at Concirrus. Here are some of our perks…
- Flexible, outcome driven, working environment.
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews.
- Share option scheme so you get to own a piece of the pie.
- Pension scheme with generously matched contribution.
- Private medical insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Learning & Development fund for all employees.
- 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays).
- Spacious, modern offices a stone’s throw from the culinary delights of Borough Market, and with a pub almost on our doorstep.
- Coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled.
- Friday FED talks – like TED talks, but you get fed (on us).
- Monthly team drinks, birthday cakes and social events.
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle2Work schemes, plus seasonal flu vaccinations.
- Plus, we’re always on the lookout for creative ways to look after our employees and encourage them to come to us when they have an idea or need.