The Space & Surveillance division currently consists of the satellite & Launcher Mechanisms, Satellite Onboard Electronics, Space Ground Systems and subsidiaries Kongsberg Norcontrol AS and Kongsberg Satellite Services AS (owned 50%), and is a division of Kongsberg Defense & Aerospace. The division has its head office in Kongsberg, with offices in Kjeller, in Tromsø and in Horten. The division has positioned itself as the largest aerospace organization in the Nordic region with ambitions for further growth within a space market in international development.
Kongsberg Space Systems is Norway’s leading supplier of equipment for scientific satellites, Earth observation satellites and carrier rockets. Our expertise is the development, qualification and delivery of products mounting and release mechanisms for carrier rockets, electromechanical systems for orientation of solar panels and antennas and electro-optical systems for satellites. We have about 80 dedicated and talented employees who daily solve challenges in relation to the extreme demands placed on the functionality and reliability of our products. Due to a growing number of assignments, we are looking for more talented employees who can help carry on a more than 30 years of successful history with KONGSBERG deliveries to, among other things, a dozen successful Ariane 5 launches in addition to space probes for exploration of comets and planets. including our own. We want team players with an understanding of the customer’s needs, an eye for details and who are motivated by solving challenges in collaboration with highly qualified colleagues.
We are now searching for Configuration & Data Manager
- You will be responsible for Configuration and Data Management (CDM) in projects and products in Kongsberg Space Systems
- Work actively in internal product development and international aerospace industry
- You will plan and maintain CDM activities such as plans, baselines, change processes, compliance with standards and more.
- Assist Engineering / System with the construction and maintenance of product and document structures
- You will be in charge of reviewing our processes, and through form / fit / function practices ensure requirements, specifications, documentation and structures.
- You will be responsible for data delivery to / from the end customer and subcontractors
- You will be an active part of the work on continuous improvement of the subject area and processes across the organization
- Previous experience from Configuration Management in an international company
- Knowledge / skills / understanding about PLM (Product Life Cycle Management) and change management throughout the product life cycle
- Knowledge of configuration management / PLM tools
- Good understanding of industrial processes from development to qualification of finished product / series production
- Ability to integrate subject areas, think long term and see the whole
- Knowledge of international standards
- Good Norwegian and English skills, oral and written
- Independent, proactive, structured and responsible
- Good communication and collaboration skills and a team builder
- Ability to motivate across the organization to create common solutions and ownership
- Challenging, independent and varied work assignments
- A competent and pleasant working environment, with a flat structure and little bureaucracy
- An effective project-driven matrix organization, where the individual’s efforts in the team produce visible results directly on the final products delivered.
- Competitive conditions with good pension and insurance schemes
The applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.
The position requires that you can be cleared of security