Configuration Management Analyst
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms.
Please Note: To conform with the United States Government Space Technology Export Regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., conditional resident, asylee or refugee (protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you.
We are looking to add a Configuration Management Analyst to our team. If enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing leading-edge electronics for satellites, spacecraft, and aerospace systems, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will be responsible for managing and maintaining the entire product lifecycle from creation to release and change management through end of life. This role supports all functions including engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, and quality to ensure delivery of quality, conforming flight product. In this position, you will work closely on an integrated team of Cesium managers, engineers, and other cross-functional personnel.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing item configuration and change management including maintenance of the product lifecycle management (PLM) system.
- Creating and managing part numbers, revisions, specifications, bill of materials, sourcing, and files for items and product documentation.
- Verifying items against technical documentation including drawings, schematics, CAD, datasheets, and source control documents.
- Ensuring the accuracy and completeness of documents and the review, approval, and release of documents per document control requirements.
- Managing engineering change order (ECO) processes including management of change review boards to investigate the impact to released, in-process, and future products.
- Reviewing product change notifications, product end-of-life / obsolesce notifications, and specification changes for impact to products.
- Training others regarding configuration management and utilization of the PLM system.
- Assisting in maintaining the Quality Management System (QMS) and all associated documents, files, and records to support AS9100 requirements.
- Supporting and facilitating process improvement to drive business results across the organization.
- May provide influence with awareness, knowledge, and guidance of Lean and/or Six Sigma principles, methodologies, and tools.
- Assisting with other quality assurance duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will require, as a minimum:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of basic configuration management principles and practices.
- Experience with ERP and PLM software systems (preferably Acumatica ERP and Arena PM).
- Attention to detail and ability to follow procedures.
- Strong digital, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Experience in the aerospace or electronics industry.
- Familiarity with AS9100 or ISO9001 Quality Management Systems.
CesiumAstro considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills. We also provide generous benefits and stock option packages to all our employees.
CesiumAstro, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.