Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
What you’ll be doing
Job function : Security System
- Possess BE / BTech. degree in Computer Science or related field
- Possess typically 6 – 8 years of previous software engineering or related experience
Following are must have technical skills:
- Java/Java EE
- Linux commands
- Spring basics
- Restful services
- MySql or any other NOSQL Database
- May have a degree qualification (engineering/science) or has served a technical apprenticeship and/or obtained NVQ and/or further education technical qualifications (i.e. HND).
- Qualified to be and possibly member of a professional engineering/science institution and working towards chartered engineer accreditation. Relevant professional experience.
- Good understanding of procedures and application of procedures and concepts within own subject area (and understanding them in the context of the business).
- Experienced and competent in own area.
- Shares own expertise with others.
- Provide guidance and support to others. Completes own role independently or with minimal supervision/guidance.
- Has developed specialist knowledge in one area.
- Applies knowledge/skills to a range of standard and non-standard activities. Interprets client needs, assessing the full requirements.
- Identifies solutions to non-standard tasks/queries.
- Awareness of internal/ external business issues and best practice in own discipline which is then applied to own role.
- Takes action to monitor and control costs within own work horizons.
- Identifies key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data and can take a broad perspective to problems and spot new, less obvious solutions. Manages own time to meet agreed targets.
- Develops plans for specific work activities in own area over the short-term, which may include forecasting resource requirements.
- Adapts information/style to the audience, explaining difficult issues clearly, to establish consensus and gain agreement.
- Creates informal networks with key contacts within own area.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of professional communities relevant to the LOB and uses the PC development framework to maximise the potential of themselves, their team and the wider BT team.
- Optional technical skills :
- Angular 2/4/5/6
- Working with large Telco service providers is a plus
- Telecom certifications
- Experience in working with geographically dispersed teams
We’ll also need to see these on your CV
- Hands-on coding ability and to trouble shoot and fix Java web applications.
- Strong technical understanding as well as hands on experience on open source monitoring toolsets.
- Working experience in agile environment.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
Overall Skills and Experience
- Experience in technical of complex project deliveries end-to-end with matrix managed structure.
- Experience developing and designing Enterprise Application development Projects
- Self-starter who can lead the way by setting up prototypes for vendor technical teams to follow
- Contribute to the definition of the team processes and standards
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.