Virgin Galactic is on track to become the world’s first privately funded commercial space line. It is dedicated to becoming a world leader in sub-orbital commercial space tourism and small satellite launch services with a longer term vision to develop other space technologies that have the potential to open space to significantly more people and users. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver and can make things happen – apply today!
Virgin Galactic (VG) is seeking a top notch Contract Technical Recruiter to be onsite at oLas Cruces, New Mexico Location, we will also consider candidates that can work remotely. Contract Recruiter will lead our efforts to source, screen, select and on-board the highest quality and best fit candidates for both regular and temporary positions necessary to establish and operate the world’s first commercial manned spacecraft production company. Successful candidates will have creative approaches to track down difficult-to-locate candidates, demonstrated expertise in screening candidates who will thrive in unique organizations, and clearly articulated techniques for quickly mastering the expectations of highly selective hiring managers. A background in aerospace is advantageous, but not essential. This role will be expected to operate highly autonomously, provide excellent and legally defensible hire/no hire recommendations based on relevant facts and observations of candidates, and develop creative ways to streamline and improve our sourcing, selection and on-boarding process. Candidates should be comfortable developing and being held accountable for relevant recruiting metrics.
- Utilize a broad range of resources to proactively source high quality candidates. Independently pre-qualify resumes and pre-screen candidates based on job requirements.
- Develop creative and effective techniques to advertise and otherwise generate attention for vacancies and postings, including social networking tools, creating effective representation of the company at job fairs, etc.
- Work with hiring managers to accurately define position duties and requirements, developing clear job descriptions and effective job postings. Identify likely ways to effectively source candidates for difficult to fill positions.
- Assist hiring managers to identify and implement effective pre-screening techniques for each position. As appropriate, coordinate phone interviews, testing, practical assessments, on-site interviews and any required travel.
- Coach inexperienced interviewers on effective and legally defensible interview techniques, develop tools and tips to assist them as needed.
- Interview candidates for non-technical qualifications, lead interviewer debrief sessions and provide recommendations on hiring.
- Sell the company’s value proposition to candidates and successfully negotiate offers and relocation packages.
- Support relocation, on-boarding and post-hire follow-up for new hires, including developing effective resources and materials.
What you bring
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 3-5 years of full cycle recruiting experience, ideally in aerospace, a start-up organization or a highly unique cultural environment.
- Possess an established track record of developing strong relationships virtually with potential employees as well as Hiring Managers.
- Ability to quick learn and apply technical information about new vacancies.
- Must possess strong negotiating skills and the ability to get information from candidates they might not prefer to reveal.
- Demonstrate creativity in finding ways to identify and close candidates.
- Have a strong customer focus when dealing with both hiring managers and candidates.
- Must be able to identify and effectively “sell” the company’s value proposition to candidates.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Recruitment background within aerospace, aviation or automotive is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, balancing accurately portraying information with a personable and friendly approach.
- Strong sense of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
The Virgin Galactic organization has a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to “check your ego at the door,” be a self-starter and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under commercial pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.