CS Group is a major actor in the design, integration and operation of mission critical systems in Defense & Security, Space, Aeronautics and Energy sectors.
The key person will join our on-site Flight Dynamics team supporting on a daily basis our customer ESA/ESOC.
Tasks & Responsabilities
The selected key person will be primarily assigned to the asteroid mission HERA to 65803/Didymos. Some other activities on other Lunar Missions or on general Flight Dynamics operations activities may also be considered.
The key person will join a team responsible of the following tasks (not limited to):
- Trajectory Optimisation for interplanetary transfer and the near-asteroid phase;
- Navigation and Guidance, including Optical Navigation for Mission Analysis;
- Concurrent Design Studies for space missions;
- Mission Analysis Tools Development, environmental models, numerical integration techniques, local and global optimisation techniques and algorithms;
- Support to project, scientists and industry, participation in reviews;
- General Flight Dynamics operations engineering activities;
- University degree in a relevant engineering field, astronomy, mathematics or physics
- Skills to apply their knowledge to develop solutions to technical (mathematical and dynamical) problems in cooperation with customers and other experts
- Ability to define, implement, validate and operate software which applies the above solutions (using e.g. Unix and/or Linux scripting languages, Fortran 77 and/or 95, C++)
- Will to take operational responsibility in multi-discipline teams
- Fluency in English, both in speech and writing
- Coordinate and interact with other service providers in operations and other fields.
- Ability to work independently
Additional skills (which will be considered as an advantage):
- Familiarity with the ESOC environment
- Familiarity/experience with Flight Dynamics operations engineering tasks
- Experience dealing with external interfaces
- Experience with Linux, network services and protocols, and system administration
- The ability to multi-task efficiently; working on multiple activities, multiple subsystems and if applicable multiple missions simultaneously.