Geomechanical study engineer – F/M
CS GROUP's mission: to be at the forefront of technologies to guarantee the safety of all in a rapidly changing world. The group's recognized expertise enables it to intervene where the security issues are the most sensitive: aeronautics, defence, energy, space, etc. And, also, where the answers need to be invented or reinvented: the fight against drones, cybersecurity, satellite data processing…
We are recruiting a Geomechanical Study Engineer to join our INDUSTRY Business Unit within the Digital Simulation Business Line . It brings together our expertise in the fields of scientific computing, modelling, TMA of scientific applications and studies of complex physical phenomena.
Your mission :
CS GROUP invites you to integrate its teams in the field of geomechanics on behalf of a large private industrialist.
This involves producing geomechanical models using software packages and analyzing the results: boundary conditions, hydromechanical properties of the formations and parameters of the laws of behavior.
The mission covers the following activities:
- Analysis of end of drilling reports and identification of instabilities encountered; analysis of log data and identification of correlations between observed instabilities and lithology;
- Interpretation of well test curves (Leak-off-test, mini-frac tests, injectivity test, fall-off) using different theories of matrix flow and fracture with a view to estimating in situ stresses;
- Elaboration of the mineralogical composition model of the formations from the logs, then of the model of the elastic properties and of the rupture of the formations; – Development of in situ
stress modelstaking into account depletion, natural fractures, up-lift and tectonic stress;
- Analysis of the consistency of stress models by retro-simulations of observed instabilities and well tests (LOT/FIT, etc.);
- Prediction of the frac gradient and the minimum weight of mud for the wells to be drilled;
- Interpretation of Rock Mechanics laboratory tests to determine the poroelastic and fracture properties of rocks, used in the calibration of geomechanical models and in the simulation of the behavior of rocks during production;
- Synthesis of the mechanical properties of the rocks from the experimental results carried out on the cores.
Who are you ?
Bac+5 or Bac+8 training, you have a minimum experience of 3 years in geo-mechanics.
You know geomechanical software (Geolog, Techlog, Cesar, Petrel, Elfen, Abacus, Visage, Maple, Matlab suite) and master geomechanical concepts such as Wellbore statibity , geomechanical fracturing constraints, well stability, prediction of the frac gradient and the minimum weight of mud for the wells to be drilled. You also speak English fluently.
Are you autonomous and curious ? Do you enjoy teamwork ? Then you are the nugget we are looking for!
With equal skills, this position is open to people with disabilities.
Who are we ?
The INDUSTRY Business Unit contributes to the development of programs in the fields of simulation, digital transformation and the development of critical systems. It is a leading player in Data Intelligence (Data Engineering & Data Science), process digitization (PLM), digital simulation, development of embedded & certified software as well as system security (cybersecurity).
Why choose CS GROUP?
For our Expert sector which values your technical skills, our commitment to innovation with an R&D budget of 30 million euros/year, our societal and environmental commitments: professional equality index at 86/100, partner of the association They move, member of planet Tech Care etc.
And of course : the possibility of telecommuting, a co-optation program, complementary health, RTT, CE.
Don’t wait any longer, share your CV and add our talents!
The sequence of events:
If your profile is a match, you will have a technical interview with one of our operational managers. Then, you will meet Emeline during an HR interview.