CS Group is a major actor in the design, integration and operation of mission critical systems in Defense & Security, Space, Aeronautics and Energy sectors.
DESCRIPTION OF THE OFFER
Sentinel-2 is an Earth observation mission developed by the ESA as part of the Copernicus Programme to perform terrestrial observations in support of services such as forest monitoring activities, land cover changes detection, water quality assessment, and natural disaster management. The scientist support for Sentinel-2 mission is located in Toulouse (TLS) with a lot of interactions with ESRIN in Frascati (the headquarters for ESA’s Earth Observation).
You will be in charge of the scientific support for Sentinel-2 core products quality and Cal/Val activities. In particular, the mission will consist in defining a comprehensive Validation Plan for Sentinel-2, taking into account all the resources currently available (or potentially available) and the several parallel validation activities that are being performed, with a look at the present and at the future/long-term. This mission includes the following tasks:
- Understand and follow up the methodologies presented during the annual Sentinel-2 Validation Team (S2VT) meeting, in order to include them as part of the overall validation strategy for Sentinel-2,
- Explore and provide an overview of the several other validation sites networks,
- Identify the gaps in the current Sentinel-2 validation network,
- Prepare and define new calibration/validation activities related to the exploitation of new concept of Fiducial Reference Measurement for the validation of Sentinel-2 core products,
- Explore potential links/agreements that can be established with institutions in Europe and outside of Europe owning/managing already existing validation sites, or exploring the potential to create new validation sites
For all these tasks, you shall be able to provide technical/scientific expertise and advice.
You will interact with the scientific community at international level on Cal/Val and algorithm development aspects for optical sensors.
You shall be able as well to take into account budget constraints in the definition of the Validation Plan.
You have :
- A PhD with a strong expertise in optical radiometry
- Good knowledge in validation of Earth Observation optical sensors
- Fluent in English and with a good knowledge in French
- Good communication skills
- Ability to develop a worldwide scientific network
- Some knowledge in budget planning
You have a good inter personal skills and team spirit. You are dynamic and autonomous.