For more than 40 years, the Space Business Unit of CS GROUP has successfully provided turnkey systems and engineering services for the space market and its applications . With a workforce of 430 employees bringing together advanced and unique skills in both information technology and spatial data engineering, the Space BU is a major trusted partner and recognized over the long term for space agencies and defense, contractors and satellite operators, and players in space applications .
DESCRIPTION OF THE OFFER
Within the Business Unit Area , the department Payload Data and Applications brings together a multidisciplinary team of 160 Engineer (e) s with complementary profiles – business, software, system. The Payload Data & Applications department brings its expertise in remote sensing and satellite image processing , but also its mastery in the design, development and operation of ground segments , its competence in services and applications enhancing spatial data , and its know-how in Big Data and Cloud technologies . Finally, the Department III Payload Data & Applications is a world major player in the open source thanks to a strong contribution, and is recognized for its expertise in the governance of the free .
As part of the development of its activities, our department is recruiting a Trainee to work on the Exploitation of remote sensing data by deep learning methods for Earth observation.
The European Copernicus program has ushered in a new era in the field of Earth observation. The Sentinel satellite constellations provide an unparalleled amount of images. At the same time, the development of computing capacities and the renewal of artificial intelligence methods known as “deep neural networks” are opening up new perspectives in the field of Earth observation.
Although the field of remote sensing is opening up to a growing number of players, it is still limited. The same goes for the use of artificial intelligence methods such as neural networks .
The company CS Group offers an internship aimed at developing training materials that can be used in the course of courses to be given by employees of the company.
The objectives of the internship:
- process the use of dense time series of Sentinel-1 and -2 data by the implementation of neural networks of the Long Short Term Memory (LSTM) type.
- cover all the steps required to produce land use maps in agricultural and forest areas, from downloading satellite data to producing final maps in GIS software.
- develop training materials in the form of data sets, scripts, * .pdf documents, or even videos in French and English on the basis of the methods developed in the previous objectives.
At the end of Master 2 level training, you are interested in the analysis of remote sensing data (optical and radar), artificial intelligence and particularly deep neural networks , computer programming (Python).
Knowledge in the following areas is required:
- satellite imagery for Earth observation,
- the development of scripts in Python allowing the implementation of image processing chains taking advantage of existing libraries.
You are rigorous, autonomous, and have a strong team spirit.
Joining us means :
- Benefit from close management
- Progress individually and collectively
- Evolve in a flexible environment with a human and friendly dimension
Where are we located?
Our establishment is located in Toulouse (6, rue Brindejonc des Moulinais) in the park of La Plaine and near the Cité de l’Espace.
The site is accessible by public transport (Linéo 7, bus 23 and 37).
If you prefer, we will reimburse you for the bicycle mileage allowances!
Interested? Share with us your CV.