Cyberprotected Intelligent Critical Systems Designer, Integrator
With 2.100 employees worldwide, the CS Group is a leading IT company in France and in Germany, and a prime contractor in designing, integrating and operating mission critical systems. It has now been over 30 years that comprehensive CS Group solutions for space systems and applications, both on the ground and in space, have been part and parcel of this odyssey.
Our German activities are growing at a fast pace and to face our customers’ high level expectations and needs, we are looking for talented profiles with relevant experience in Space systems and applications.
- The Meteosat Third Generation (MTG) system is conceived to continue and significantly enhance the service offered to the users via the existing GEO satellite systems.
- The nominal MTG system’s space segment will comprise three satellites positioned in parallel in orbit, two MTG-I satellites and one MTG-S satellite.
- The imaging satellite, MTG-I, will embark an imaging radiometer the Flexible Combined Imager (FCI) and an imaging lightning detection instrument, the Lightning Imager (LI). The sounding satellite, MTG-S, will embark an imaging Fourier interferometer, the InfraRed Sounder (IRS), with hyperspectral resolution in the thermal spectral domain, and a high resolution spectrometer the Ultraviolet-Visible Near infrared (UVN) Instrument provided via ESA’s Copernicus Space Component Programme.
- The MTG Programme covers the Phase CID and Phase E activities for EUMETSAT, including contribution to the ESA satellite development programme and procurement of all the recurrent satellites via ESA.
- The MTG System comprises all space and ground components and all external services (e.g. launcher and LEOP services) that are used and/or procured by EUMETSAT for the purpose of developing, integrating, verifying, validating, commissioning and operating the MTG mission.
Tasks & Responsabilities
- Support the process to elucidate the needs for engineering tools to support offline analysis of the MTG system outputs, through interactions with the scientific, instrument, operations and testing user communities, including analysis of challenging or unclear technical aspects;
- Support the translation of scientific and other needs into tool specification and design information, and the regular refinement and maintenance of the engineering tools baseline, including up keeping of the corresponding Engineering Tool Register (ETR);
- Support the planning and scheduling of the engineering tool development and testing activities taking into account the user needs / milestones;
- Support the development (programming and testing) of the engineering tools, including their integration within the targeted off-line framework; also handling of problem reports, improvement requests and deliveries following the relevant MTG processes.
- Support the promotion and induction of the engineering tools into the ETR user community (training, hands-on sessions);
- Contribute to the coordination with the using communities and to the reporting on the engineering toolset status;
- Contribution to the maintenance of the technical budgets.
- Participation in formal reviews and technical meetings.
In addition to having a University degree (or equivalent, including experience) in the engineering, physics, or software (or similar) domains the key person shall have the following mandatory attributes, skills, and experience:
- Relevant experience in preparation of specification, design, interfaces and testing documentation for data analysis systems (experience of Earth Observation missions is desirable but is not mandatory) considering the systems engineering aspects of data analysis management and tools provision;
- Relevant experience in implementation of analysis software / script against specification / design baselines. Integration, Verification / Validation, including testing and formal acceptance;
- The ability to maintain a system overview is essential. This ability shall be exercised within a multi-disciplinary context in cooperation with other teams, e.g. covering several different data processing levels and instruments;
- Ability to learn and develop the needed skills and knowledge to contribute to the development of MTG. This includes the ability to rapidly absorb, and make use of, information presented in written and oral communications in a dynamic context;
- Systematic approach to work, including the ability to plan the work and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks;
- Ability to write accurate and consistent technical documentation. The working language for the position is English and therefore the person must be able to work effectively in this language.
Previous experience and knowledge in any of the following areas will be considered an additional asset:
- Knowledge of programming languages or tools for data analysis (e.g. Python, MatLab);
- Relevant experience with data analysis for Earth Observation missions (Level O raw data, Level 1 geolocated instrument science data or Level 2 physical information), either related to specification and development or to operations and maintenance;
- Experience with generation and use of well formatted files (e.g. netCDF format, binary format)
- Knowledge of task relevant ECSS and CCSDS standards.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace