CS Group is a major actor in the design, integration and operation of mission critical systems in Defense & Security, Space, Aeronautics and Energy sectors.
With over 2.100 employees worldwide, the CS Group is a leading IT company in France and in Germany, and a prime contractor in designing, integrating and operating mission critical systems.
It has now been over 30 years that comprehensive CS Group solutions for space systems and applications, both on the ground and in space, have been part and parcel of this odyssey. Our German activities are growing at a fast pace and to face our customers high level expectations and needs, we are looking for talented profiles with relevant experience in Space systems and applications.
Our Flight Dynamics team supports a wide range of missions from early phases to end of life of satellites and from low earth orbit to deep space missions. If you want to build a career among the stars in the biggest and most innovative European Operation Centre of satellites – apply today! We have three (3) opened positions
Tasks & Responsibilities
The key person will join a team responsible of the following tasks:
- Orbit determination and manoeuvre optimization
- Attitude determination and on-board systems monitoring and verification
- AOCS command generation
- AOCS and optical sensors calibration
- Performing studies and technical analyses to support the above covering
- Routine mission operations
- Pre-launch activities, like software development and testing, procedure writing, technical analyses, support to test and simulation campaigns
- Support during critical mission phases (e.g. launch and commissioning, end of mission activities)
- Support of collision avoidance manoeuvres (with space debris) including on-call service
- Maintenance and evolution of the flight dynamics system.
- University degree in a relevant engineering field, astronomy, mathematics or physics
- Very good skills in linear algebra, in particular for problem solving related to geometry in the Euclidean 3–dimensional space.
- Very good skills in calculus in one or several variables.
- Skills in numerical methods
- Very good skills in classical mechanics
- Ability to solve mechanics problems via analytical mechanics methods (e.g. Lagrangian formulation) is a valuable asset.
- Ability to define, implement, validate and operate software which applies the above solutions (using e.g. Unix and/or Linux scripting languages, Fortran 77 and/or 95, Python, C++)
- Will to take operational responsibility in multi-discipline teams
- Fluency in English, both in speech and writing
- Efficient support and trainings to be able for smooth and quick integration into the operational team.
- Attractive relocation packages and employment condition.
- Constant support in your adaption to a potential new country and a new working environment thanks to our international teams and our frequent team building activities.
- Be part of one of the most innovative company in the astrodynamics field