CS Group is a major actor in the design, integration and operation of mission critical systems in Defense & Security, Space, Aeronautics and Energy sectors.
The Operator is looking for a talented Operations Resident to join the Operator’s Satellite Payload Control Center. In this position, you will be responsible for performing on-site technical support and assistance and training. Knowledge in Payload control systems, Operated through NEO (GMV) and Epoch (KRATOS) systems, is a must, and good skills in RF anchor stations, and different types of fixed and mobiles satellite terminals (VSATs) will be particularly appreciated. As part of your missions, you will intervene mainly in supporting the Operator in the Remote-Control Center (RCC) operations for the Monitoring and Control of the Satellite-1 payload (Neo) and in the Payload Control Center (PCC) operations for the Satellite-2 payload (Epoch). You must also have teaching talents to provide on-the-job training to the Operator staff, to ensure their future autonomy to operate the Satellite-1 RCC / Satellite-2 PCC / TT&C system.
The following responsibilities are foreseen (not limited to):
- Support the Operator in execution of procedures, analyze telemetry data (payload), make sure that all telecommands and telemetries are securely encrypted, and key changing are performed according to provided procedures.
- Support the Operator in operating the Satellite-1 payload using the RCC, Satellite-2 payload using PCC and the TT&C tools and equipment and in particular:
- – Leading investigations of problems detected during the execution of Flight Operation Procedures (FOPs).
- – Deliver training to new staff using the available training material provided by the suppliers,
- – Provide on-the-job training to the Operator staff, to ensure their future autonomy to operate the RCC / PCC / TT&C system.
- – Propose Development of operational products and processes to be validated by the Operator
- – Make sure the Operator operates their system using the proper defined GOPs,
- – Propose to the Operator Updates to its Staffing Plan,
- Assist the supplier to upgrade any control subsystem (i.e. installation of a new software version or patch) by supervising the testing of the upgrade. It is clear that the Resident is not an IT Expert and cannot perform complex IT tasks,
- Supports the Operator to investigate upon systems anomalies, and escalate as needed through the support contracts,
- Provide a monthly report on the activities performed with particular emphasis on the important events related to the Operator operations and on progress made by any of the Operator staff in their capacity of running the operations.
- Encourage and support the Operator in conducting periodic Security Audits, release related recommendations.
- Engineering or Master’s degree, preferably in aerospace or telecommunications
- At least five years of practical industry/operation experience in satellite or wireless communication field
- Talents for training
- Fluent in English
- Strong technical, presentation, interpersonal, written and communication skills as the position will require day-to-day independent working with other Engineers and the Operator’s personnel
- Experience in Epoch (Mandatory) and Neo (Preferred) systems,
- Development of operational products and process
- Troubleshooting of ground an onboard anomaly
- Maintenance of monitoring and control systems. (SCOS 2000/NEO, etc.)
- Testing (system validation and operations readiness tests)
- Development of training documents, procedures, operations manuals, monitoring and limit concepts
- Validation of products
- Training of staff for final console certification
- Real-time anomaly response and resolution
- Mission timeline generation of ground and onboard tasks