We're Australia's national science agency.
- Outstanding opportunities to grow & develop your career
- Flexible work arrangements! Mix of home and office
- Support research at Australia’s national science agency!
CSIRO’s Information Management and Technology (IMT) is embarking on an ambitious portfolio of work designed to support the organisations strategy and the Managed Data Ecosystem (MDE) program of work. Underpinning the program is a desire for staff to have seamless, secure access to tools, systems and processes that back the delivery of world class science.
The Information Services Applications (ISA) team within CSIRO IMT develops software solutions that support CSIRO’s management of research outputs including publications and data collections.
The role of the Software Developer within the CSIRO IM&T Information Services Applications Development Team is to assist in the implementation and support of new and existing software solutions.
Your duties will include:
- Assist in various aspects of system development
- Develop software to satisfy business requirements (Agile stories)
- Undertake unit testing of developed code and debug code
- Co-ordinate and participate in code reviews and specification reviews
- Provide technical advice that is aligned with overall solution designs, architecture, and frameworks
- Complete assigned programming and analysis tasks as specified by due dates
To be considered you will need:
- 4+ years experience in developing software applications coupled with relevant tertiary qualifications in IT or equivalent relevant work experience
- Professional experience with one or more programming languages, preferably including Java
- Knowledge and experience working in an Agile-Scrum software development including the use of JIRA (TASKS) and Confluence (WIKI)
- Demonstrated high-level SQL and data modelling skills
- Demonstrated ability to assess, analyse and resolve issues and provide technical advice to team members, management and clients
- CSIRO thrives on innovation; innovation that is harnessed by the diversity of the minds and lived experiences brought to our greatest challenges. If you meet some, but not all requirements, we encourage you to submit your application.
- Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens ONLY
- Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Negative Vetting 1 level
Flexible Working Arrangements
- We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
- We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.