We're Australia's national science agency.
- Are you interested in joining an Australian tier-1 and world class supercomputing Centre?
Provide specialist advice & software enhancement in supporting computational research at scale.
Join CSIRO and support Australia’s premier scientific organisation!
- Pawsey Supercomputing Centre was founded in an unincorporated joint venture between CSIRO and Australia’s top Western Universities. This has been a longstanding relationship and we are supported by funding from the Western Australian and Federal Governments. We are a world class supercomputing facility accelerating scientific discoveries for Australia’s researchers and currently are serving scientists in domains such as radio, astronomy, energy and resources, engineering, bioinformatics and health sciences.
- The Pawsey Supercomputing Centre has recently announced a Government funded $70 million-dollar capital refresh project which makes now an exciting opportunity to join us as a Supercomputing Applications Specialist.
- You will be joining us to work within the Scientific Services Team. This role works collaboratively with researchers to assist them in exploiting the vast opportunities enabled by the supercomputers operated in the Pawsey centre. You will participate in defining and building new supercomputing services for the next-generation Pawsey Supercomputing System.
Your duties will include:
- Provide specialist advice and software enhancement to research groups, drawing on extensive knowledge and experience to enable their utilisation at scale of significant supercomputing resources at Pawsey.
- Undertake collaborative projects with researchers, communities, software developers, vendors and other international centres.
- Identify suitable technologies, tools and algorithms relevant to user activities and encourage adoption to improve the productivity of the research community.
- Participation in evaluations of novel systems and technologies to inform the Pawsey infrastructure and services roadmap, and support transition to new systems.
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant post graduate qualification in a scientific or computer-science discipline; or relevant work experience.
- Proven working knowledge of parallel programming models, such as OpenMP, MPI, HIP or CUDA.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills including the ability to articulate technical concepts to a diverse range of clients.
- Demonstrated track record of working effectively in a team and carry out tasks autonomously.
- Demonstrated ability & willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of scientific investigations.
To be eligible to work within this position at CSIRO you must be either:
- An Australian Citizen
- A Permanent Resident
- Currently hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa (sponsorship visas are available where necessary)
- International applicants welcome.