We're Australia's national science agency.
- Are you currently working as a Cloud Developer / Engineer?
- Are you passionate about solving big, complex problems that make a real difference?
- Join CSIRO and support Australia’s premier scientific organisation!
We are seeking a highly proficient Project Cloud Engineer to join our Knowledge Delivery team within CSIRO’s Land & Water business unit. The purpose of this division is to solve the greatest environmental challenges. The role will play a pivotal part by contributing to the development of a cloud-based information system to support a large environmental modelling and decision support program.
Your duties will include:
- Undertake data flow analyses and develop specifications for dataflow systems.
- Implement public cloud data processing and management systems or components.
- Undertake systems and component testing and support other members of the build team as required.
- Ensure that deployed systems and components meet cloud security requirements.
- Under general direction, participate in planning projects and accept responsibility for the scheduling and completion of major parts of projects.
- Adapt and/or develop original software in support of existing and further research and promptly address where methods may not be defined.
- Continuous and proactive approach towards seeking new approaches to meet experimental and/or technological needs.
To be considered you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience in computer science/software engineering.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and architecting data processing pipelines for the public cloud.
- Experience in using infrastructure-as-code approaches to building and deploying cloud-based systems.
- Evidenced track record of implementing best practice approaches to securing public cloud deployments.
- High level competence with the Python coding language to develop components for public cloud.
- Proficiency with software engineering development processes and tools, such as Agile, Git and Bitbucket.
To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, or an Australian Permanent Resident.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia’s national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.