We're Australia's national science agency.
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation.
How we can thrive together to solve Australia’s data-driven challenges
- Data61 are at the digital and data heart of Australia’s national science agency – CSIRO
Working collaboratively with the largest group of digital technology researchers in Australia
A unique opportunity to seamlessly work across disciplinary boundaries and make an impact at a national scale!
- This is a fantastic opportunity if you want to actively take part in world-class research outcomes to deliver novel cyber security solutions that will educate and protect Australian communities.
- Working within our cyber security domain teams offers countless opportunities to be at the forefront of Australia’s research and see your contributions make a meaningful positive impact across our nation!
The opportunities that we are offering
- We have a number of indefinite opportunities available for Research Scientists within our Cyber Security portfolio at Data61. Locations available across Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra or remote where requirements can be met. Apply now to register your interest to join Data61 as part of a multi-disciplinary research team that will lead world-class cyber security research.
Life at Data61 and how you can be part of our mission
- CSIRO’s Data61 is at the forefront of digital science and innovation, leading both in developing new research as well as working across disciplines and sectors to apply technologies and drive impact.
- Our cyber strategy is based around the themes of building trustworthy and resilient cyber systems, risk-based cyber approaches, shared awareness, as well as strengthening the human and social dimension of cyber security. We are seeking you to join us and be a crucial member of our cyber security division. We have a wide range of research opportunities that include:
- Human centric security, AI collaboration to develop security solutions and invisible security.
- Security automation to counteract advanced malicious cyber actors using Machine Learning.
- Data privacy and confidentiality.
- We are committed to continuously building a diverse, inclusive, and flexible working environment where all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
We’re interested in hearing from people who can demonstrate the following:
- A PhD in a relevant discipline area, such as computer science, data sciences, cyber security, information technology, communications engineering, software engineering or applied mathematics.
- A demonstrated high quality research publication history in peer reviewed conferences, journals and/or reports within the field of AI and cyber security, and/or data privacy.
- Experience in applying research outcomes to solve industry problems, preferably in the area of human centric security, cyber security, data privacy or artificial intelligence/machine learning.
- Proactive and adaptable mindset to handle or lead research initiatives (ranging from undefined to perfectly defined requirements), and an ability to navigate around that and work collaboratively with the client.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to produce high calibre research papers, interact with external clients/stakeholder, and internal collaboration.