We're Australia's national science agency.
- Support quality control in the manufacture of vaccine and biotherapeutic candidates
- Work at CSIRO’s state of the art new Advanced Biologics Manufacturing Facility
- Immerse yourself in an inclusive and diverse culture that offers great flexibility
CSIRO’s Manufacturing Business Unit provides multi-disciplinary scientific and engineering capabilities using world-class infrastructure to deliver innovative solutions for our clients. This includes new products, components and materials that allow Australian manufacturers to be globally competitive and environmentally sustainable.
Our Biomedical Manufacturing team requires several current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) Quality Control Technicians to provide support in the field of Quality Control (QC) testing to for GMP manufacture of vaccine and biotherapeutic candidates for use in preclinical and early human clinical (Phase I and Phase II) studies. These positions report to the Team Leader for Protein Production and will bring knowledge of Analytical test methodologies to support the development of new human biologic products.
Be part of an expert team working on research of global significance and using state of the art technologies and facilities.
Your duties will include:
- Providing practical support in all aspects of Quality Control for testing of biological products including physiochemical, biological, microbiological, and compendial techniques including weekend work.
- Adhering to the requirements of the Quality Management System (QMS) and Pharmaceutical Quality System (PQS).
- Accurate and timely completion of quality records.
Supporting the implementation and maintenance of a LIMS for sample tracking and data recording within a GMP environment.
- Undertaking experiments, laboratory analyses or technology development activities (some non-routine) using a range of techniques.
- Assuming ownership of testing equipment and maintaining equipment in a GMP-ready state. Work in partnership with the supervisory staff to maintain the testing laboratory in a state of cGMP compliance and audit-readiness.
- Provide practical support in facility operation including inventory management, maintenance, sanitisation, and cleaning.
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience in Cell Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, or Microbiology.
- Demonstrated experience with sterile techniques.
- A current Australian driver’s licence.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with MS Office applications.
- Previous experience in cGMP testing of biologics and testing of recombinant protein products is advantageous.
- Experience working in and maintaining quality control laboratories and experience in working under a QMS is desirable.
- Prior Microbiology experience or qualification will be looked upon favourably
- Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens, New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents only.
- Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.