We make the world better through innovation, technology solutions and world-class products in defense and transportation.
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
The Business Analyst (NGTS Project) is responsible for the extraction, analysis, presentation and distribution of business data and reports. This role is crucial in the project design and will propose solutions to improve overall efficiency. Please note, this role is a 1.5 year fixed term contract.
- Engage, guide, coach, and support project team members
- Identify options for potential solutions and assess them for both technical and business suitability
- Support the creation of logical and innovative solutions to complex business problems
- Work closely with a variety of stakeholders to ensure the technical/business compatibility and user satisfaction of solutions
- Co-ordinate and manage the development, update and provision of a monthly reports
- Assist with the implementation and refinement of processes, gathering process requirements from facilitating workshops
- Creation and management of system documentation including specifications, processes and work instructions
- Develop and implement corrective actions that prevent future potential problems
- Create logical and innovative solutions to complex problems
- Support requirements gathering and process gap analysis
- Assist with the writing of training materials and the delivery
- Support requirements elaboration and sign-off facilitation
Degree in either, business, management, engineering, related discipline
- 4+ years business analyst with prior experience in process development, report specification and development process
- Understanding of database reporting, reports development and reporting tools
- SLA/KPI reporting experience
- System and/or data migration experience
- Understanding of ITIL or experience in an ITIL organisation would be highly regarded
- Experience in creating SDLC documentation
You will have excellent communication skills comfortable communicating new ideas to employees, management and customers. The successful candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Condition of Employment:
Successful outcome of a National Police Check