We make the world better through innovation, technology solutions and world-class products in defense and transportation.
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
The Senior Software Engineer performs complex software engineering assignments following designated standards and procedures. Whilst working with other engineering teams, this role is responsible for the definition, design, implementation and test of software and support tools.
Please note: This is a six (6) month fixed term with opportunity for extension to work on exciting projects for the APAC region. Applicants must be Australian citizens. Successful applicants must be eligible to obtain and hold an Australian Defence Industry security clearance.
- Analyses functional requirements.
- Understands and works with peripheral elements of assigned software work products.
- Performs software testing.
- Assesses severity of problems, determines corrective action, resolves technical problems, and performs fault isolation and implements solutions.
- Assists in specification preparation and the assessment of products.
- Assists in the writing of reports, manuals and procedures.
- Provides inputs to formal software project estimation.
- Designs and implements high quality, robust, functional software.
- Applies a test-driven approach to software design and development through implementing unit, integration and end-to-end system tests.
- Maintains and improves development, test, and deployment environments.
Tertiary qualification in the field of engineering (majoring in electrical, electronic, software or similar), computer science or information systems.
- 5+ years experience developing and maintaining software systems.
- Knowledge of software development practices (TDD, SOLID design principles etc).
- Effectively use a scripting language (Python, Ruby, Batch, Shell etc) to automate repetitive engineering tasks.
- Knowledge and experience of writing and maintaining code in C for ARM, 8051, AVR or similar microcontroller families.
- Configure software projects using common build systems ideally for multiple build environments (Windows, Linux).
- Knowledge of electronic schematics and ability to debug design.
- Knowledge of hardware test equipment.
- Knowledge of SCM tools (i.e Git).
Condition of Employment:
Successful outcome of a National Police Check