We make the world better through innovation, technology solutions and world-class products in defense and transportation.
Cubic Defence Australia provides training systems and training services support primarily to the Australian Department of Defence, and is a subsidiary of US Cubic Corporation which specialises in military training simulation systems and services globally. Cubic supports an expanding range of Australian-based operations, providing Defence services, support and maintenance for Cubic’s simulation and training systems from offices in Townsville, Brisbane, Amberley, Newcastle and Canberra.
The Staff Officer Synthetic Warfare, in collaboration with the combined Cubic FGD team, will be responsible for the supporting the planning, management and execution of Force Generation exercises. The location of the work will principally be undertaken in an office location at FHQ in Sydney. There will be requirements to travel in support of exercise planning and execution, and there may be requirements to deploy into the field or aboard military vessels and aircraft, as required to support exercise execution.
This position is only available to Australian citizens. Permanent Residents and working visa holders will not be considered, as the incumbent must hold a current Australian Defence Security Clearance at minimum NV1 level, with ability to upgrade to NV2.
- Leading the planning, management and execution of Force Generation LVC exercises
- Participation in the Maritime Observer Trainer Team (MOTT) as a Warfare Specialist
- Facilitation and execution of exercise development and planning conferences
- Development of exercise administration requirements
- The conduct of exercise briefings and planning activities
- The development of Post Activity Reports (PAR)
- The review of lessons learnt and the implementation of remedial actions
- Supporting the planning, management and execution of collective training exercises
- The execution of exercises as part of the Exercise Control Cell (EXCON) or Opposing Force (OPFOR)as required
- Supporting COMFLOT as the lead for the implementation of the Fleet Command Simulation Strategy
- Chairing the Synthetic Warfare Steering Group
- Researching and supporting development of LVC opportunities in other ForGen exercises
- The management of exercise funding in accordance with FCMS requirements
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualifications and experience:
- Previous military experience as Naval Warfare Officer or equivalent
- Previous operational experience
- Previous joint planning or execution experience
- SME in synthetic warfare
- Previous experience as Observer / Trainer
- Completion of a Staff Course preferable
What does Cubic offer?
This is an opportunity to join a successful global organisation with a growing presence in Australia. Cubic is staffed with a mix of professional ex-serving and non-military specialists with a broad range of skills working within an emerging field.
Cubic is committed to a diverse workforce and we encourage Female and Indigenous Australian applicants to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring that all recruitment and selection activities are merit based, apply equality principles, are non-discriminatory and focus on selecting the best candidate for the role.
Soldier On is an Ex Service Organisation (ESO) with a mission “to achieve the best reintegrated generation of serving and ex-serving men and women in Australia’s history.” In support of this mission, Soldier On provides a range of Veteran and family support services; including assisting Ex Service Personnel to transition into civilian employment. Cubic Defence Australia has committed to supporting the cause by taking a Pledge to Support Veterans Employment. Candidates who are eligible for support from Soldier On should register their interest via the Soldier On organisation by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, or phoning 1300 620 380.