We make the world better through innovation, technology solutions and world-class products in defense and transportation.
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
The Systems Test Engineer is responsible for identifying hardware and software defects and inconsistencies to ensure it meets and conforms to the System / SubSystem requirements. Please note this is a 6 month fixed term contract.
- Develop test procedures aligned to system and subsystem requirements
- Develop test cases and scenarios to perform functional and non-functional (performance, capacity, stress, load, and stability) testing
- Conduct dry run of test scripts and formal testing to verify system stability and functionality prior to formal Systems Acceptance Testing (SAT) and customer witnessing
- Conduct regression testing to ensure system has not regressed after software updates and changes have been made to the system
- Work independently on small projects
- Defect Tracking and resolution
- Develop Test Plans
- Prepare and issue system test reports
- Assist with system integration activities
- Assist in maintaining configuration control in the test environments
Bachelor degree or equivalent, preferably in Science or Engineering. An ISTQB Foundation Certification is desirable.
You will have a 2+ years experience working on large projects within a systems test, software testing and processes environment. You will have experience using test management tools to develop, write and editing of test cases and test scripts. You will be experienced in writing of SQL queries and oracle databases
Most importantly, you will be self motivated, have a high attention to detail with excellent written and oral communication skills. The successful candidate must complete a National Police Check.