We make the world better through innovation, technology solutions and world-class products in defense and transportation.
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
The Senior Systems Engineer provides technical leadership and systems engineering management relating to the lifecycle of products. They apply systems engineering principles, processes and skills to systematically convert customer needs into total systems solutions.
- Elicit, clarify, define and develop and manage system requirements
- Perform analyses and trade studies as necessary to aid in the selection of system concepts
- Integrate specialty engineering disciplines into a project team
- Direct a project team to define and document the system architecture and design
- Influence hardware and software designs to ensure compliance with requirements and system Design
- Work closely with other engineering disciplines to coordinate and integrate system elements and interfaces to enable integrated teams and project cohesion
- Perform technical risk management activities
- Lead engineering activities for development of new business proposals, and preparation of associated cost rationale for change/new business of up to large scope, cost and risk.
- 5- 7 years of formal Systems Engineering experience or 2-4 years with an applicable Master’s degree working in a software driven technology environment
- 5+ years of experience working engineering projects involving complex systems
- 5+ years directing teams on system definition
- Formal Systems Engineering/Solution Architecture Experience
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycles using both Waterfall and Agile approaches
- Aware of software development best practice and able to apply standards and procedures effectively
- Familiarity with expressing system designs using UML
- Extensive level of awareness of budget, schedule and quality in relation to project deliverables from a technical planning and execution perspective.
The successful candidate will possess a pragmatic results driven attitude to achieve results of the highest standards. They will also be highly adaptable and able to react swiftly in a dynamic business environment