Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Performs duties to identify, advocate and pursue business development opportunities/strategies. Business Development Managers are the front line force with respect to customer contact, coordination, and correspondence. Monitors and analyzes sales and marketing activity against goals. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies “new” business opportunities.
- Provides input for accurate and realistic bookings forecast estimates.
- Develops and maintains contacts with customers.
- Develops and maintains program descriptions, and capture plans.
- Advises and counsels management on bid/no bid decisions, multi-company teaming decisions, system design, pricing strategy, supplemental staffing, and other issues affecting probability of winning contracts.
- Develops marketing information used for new business proposals, product specifications, statements of work and systems requirements.
- Recommends application and/or modification of Company products to satisfy customer requirements.
- Confers with customer technical representatives and management to determine and interpret customer requirements
- Improves competitive position by recommending new applications of systems, providing information on the technical development of systems and assisting in program planning.
- Keeps track of potential sales opportunities and marketing efforts of competitor firms..
- Participates in the preparation of the strategic plan.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree in engineering, management, or marketing, plus eight years experience in a sales/marketing position. Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management. Knowledge of structuring sales quota goals and revenue expectations. Experience in planning marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, and successful public relations efforts. Must have excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills. Must be able to travel as required. Able to prioritize work, complete multiple tasks and work under deadlines.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.