Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
The Configuration Management Specialist establishes and maintains software configuration control during the life of the product. This role provides configuration management plans; audits plans, interfaces with the customers and co-chairs configuration audits.
- Performs software configuration management (SCM) duties by implementing the objectives, policies and procedures for SCM in the Configuration Management Library (CML) and assigned projects.
- Establishes and maintains software baseline definition, labeling, identification and release.
- Analyzes and maintains the contents (hard copy and/or electronic copy) of the CML, notifying the appropriate personnel of updates.
- Controls software changes, performs the build software executables, and releases the software.
- Identifies, verifies for completeness, and controls commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software.
- Creates updates and maintains database to track library contents.
- Assesses the various versions/releases of designated software through inspection and research.
- Receives products from authorized sources. Verifies for completeness and places under control software, documentation and other items. Updates database and tracks location of configuration items.
- Generates status accounting reports as required.
Four-year college degree, or equivalent, in computer science or related field, plus a minimum of 6 years of experience in software configuration management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of software configuration management and change control procedures using commercial and international standards. (such as ISO-9000)
- Capable of defining and working to contractual requirements.
- Good working knowledge of software control and revision control in an IT industry environment.
- Well versed with Windows, MS Office related software applications, and automated software control tool such as GIT are required.
- Experience with implementation of various branching strategies and inter branch merges is highly desired.
- Experience with the Software Engineering Institute Capability Maturity Model and process improvement a plus.
The successful candidate must be capable of working at a computer terminal (workstation) for extended periods. They will have good people skills and ability to interact with personnel from various disciplines, departments or groups.