Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
The Senior Software Engineer provides technical guidance and leadership, and mentors more junior members of the team. This role is responsible for the design, code, debugging and development activities in accordance with designated standards and procedures.
- Coordinates and develops project concepts, objectives, specifications and resource needs. Prepares design specifications, analyses and recommendations.
- Use current programming language and technologies to provide creative, thorough and practical solutions to a wide range of technical problems
- Design develop and test applications and programs to support the company’s products
- Design develop and test software programs following established quality standards and in accordance with internal engineering procedures including coding, unit testing and software configuration control
- Complete high- and low-level detailed software design specifications, storyboards and interface specifications
- Provide support of products through conception to product delivery including problem solving, defect maintenance and support to customer services
- Prepare reports, manuals, procedures and status reports
- Participate and work with team members in code reviews and make necessary improvements in code
- Coaches and mentors junior team members
- Keeps abreast of improvements and developments within software engineering
- Supports bid and proposals and customer variation requests
- Four-year college degree in computer science, computer engineering or other related technical discipline.
- 6+ years related experience.
- Experience with, and understanding of, the software development life-cycle
- Proficient C# .NET experience.
- Proficient Visual Studio experience.
- Proficient SQL Server experience (table design, stored procedures, query optimization etc).
- Proficient Service Broker experience.
- Proficient Powers hell experience.
- Proficient server-side development experience (not just GUIs or Web).
- Experience using:
- Entity Framework
- MS Build
- RESTful APIs
- Experience in developing multi-threaded applications (more than just async calls from a GUI).
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting
- Experience working within Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience with ASP.NET, MVC and Bootstrap framework.
- Experience in developing performance critical transaction processing applications.
- Asynchronous messaging experience.
- Experience in developing a service-oriented architecture.
- Experience in developing in other high-level languages, such as C++.
- Experience writing simulators and test harnesses.
- Good to have the cloud computing handson preferably on Azure