Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Working at Cubic:
Whilst working at Cubic not only will you be part of a fast growing, globally recognised brand. You will receive the following benefits…
Emphasis on Work Life Balance
Health and Wellness Discounts
Compensation and Recognition Awards
Opportunity for Career Growth and Development
The Senior Software Engineer provides technical guidance and leadership whilst mentoring junior members of the team. This role works closely with other engineering disciplines locally and internationally.
- Coordinates and develops project concepts, objectives, specifications and resource needs. Prepares design specifications, analyses and recommendations.
- Use current programming language and technologies to provide creative, thorough and practical solutions to a wide range of technical problems
- Design develop and test applications and programs to support the company’s products
- Design develop and test software programs following established quality standards and in accordance with internal engineering procedures including coding, unit testing and software configuration control
- Complete high- and low-level detailed software design specifications, storyboards and interface specifications
- Provide support of products through conception to product delivery including problem solving, defect maintenance and support to customer services
- Prepare reports, manuals, procedures and status reports
- Participate and work with team members in code reviews and make necessary improvements in code
- Four-year college degree in computer science, computer engineering or other related technical discipline.
- 6+ years of related experience
- Must possess relevant experience in Design & Development of multi-threaded application on devices
- Must have 5+ years of experience in software development in a significant role using the following technologies:
- C++ ,C++14, with Linux / Eclipse, STL .
- Experience of multithreaded application development and Inter-Process communication (TCP/IP)
- Expert knowledge of Data Structures and Design Patterns
- Familiarity in troubleshooting and debugging with tools like gdb, valgrind or similar tools
- Familiarity with Version Control tools like git, bitbucket, TFS etc
- Knowledge of UML modelling, computer logic and flow-charting.
- Knowledge of Shell scripting would be a major plus