We are a Finnish based international New Space company with employees from roughly 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland.
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $65M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish based international New Space company with employees from roughly 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for a Customer Operations & Satellite Planning Specialist to support our Satellite Operations team based in our office in Warsaw, Poland
- Generate SAR imagery quotations for clients and business partners
- Manage direct communication with customers (by phone, email or via live chat) to ensure customers are kept up to date with their order status, and communicate any changes / delays to the customer
- Resolve customer questions and complaints in a timely manner
- Improve overall customer experience and satisfaction by holding regular business review calls with the customers
- Coordinate/conduct service training to internal and external customers
- Manage order workflow from submission to delivery of the final product
- Prepare a comprehensive satellite collection feasibility study
- Plan satellite resources for tasking SAR imagery orders
- Manage the delivery process to include executing SAR image quality control
- Work closely with other teams (i.e. satellite operators, sales, analytics product software) to resolve project and/or customer related issues
- Improve processes and contribute to the existing documentation
- Report to the management on key performance metrics or anomalies
- Maintain competent understanding of the company’s products, support and services.
Background and Qualifications to be successful:
- GIS background
- 2+ years experience Customer Service in a B2B environment (or excellent communication skills)
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Proficiency in any additional language is a plus
- Attention to detail and ability to sustain high levels of accuracy
- Team-player attitude with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills (Linux based systems, Windows environment, MS Office)
- Accountability, dependability, responsiveness and quality focus
- Familiarity with concepts of semi-automated processes and information flow
- Willingness to work shifts including night hours 23:00-7:00
Additional Skills that will be of value:
- SAR backgroundExperience using satellite data products or satellite collection planning systems
- Knowledge of EO programs, like SNAP
- Knowledge of Customer Service efficiency metrics and readiness to regularly report on them
Our perks and benefits:
- A job that matters
- A dynamic new-space environment with a start-up vibe and a scale-up approach
- Space for self-development, research time
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- An extremely motivated team of top-tier engineers and commercial operations to work with
- Inspiring and collaborating, pet-friendly office lounge and silent working space enabling focus
- Nicely equipped gym area
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- Relocation support (flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Internal events for employees on a regular basis (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
- Unleash your potential with us and join our next space mission coming up soon!
Privacy Notice to Job Applicant
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.