Cyber Security is a hot topic in all business fields: banking, insurance, gaming, manufacturing, retail, distribution and many more. Cyber threats hit more than a few entities in Malta, some of them effectively damaging operations along with significant costs or financial losses.
PwC Malta is currently seeking an Cyber Security Consultant to join the team delivering cyber security services. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to progress in his or her career in the field of Information Security and the Cyber domain within a professional environment.
As a consultant at PwC, you’ll work as part of a team with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients strengthen and manage cybersecurity defences (people; technology and processes); assess practices; find solutions to complex issues and formulate strategy and plan implementations.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively contributing to various aspects of a project as part of a team as well as individually.
- Preparing various deliverables in line to client expectations.
- Contributing to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen.
- Keeping up to date with local and national business and economic issues.
- Ensuring you are adhering to compliance matters.
- Working on developing internal relationships and your PwC brand.
The work will involve a variety of projects and challenges, including:
- Performing cyber security assessments such as vulnerability scans, penetration testing, social engineering simulations, etc.
- Providing cyber security consultancy with respect to IT infrastructure, networks, and applications.
- Conducting information security audits and risk assessments.
- Undertaking information security gap assessments against industry standards such as ISO 27001/2, PCI-DSS, GDPR, PSD2, etc.
- Providing consultancy on designing, reviewing and implementing information security policies.
- Delivering information security training.
- Providing assistance as part of incident response and handling procedures, including data and malware analysis as well as forensic investigations.
- Providing assistance in the reporting aspect of information security assignments.
- Suitable candidates should be in possession of a first degree in IT, Business and Computing, Information Security or other similar IT fields. Candidates are expected to aspire to obtain industry certifications, such as Security+, CEH, OSCP, CISA, and CISSP, if not already obtained.
The ideal candidate would:
- Have 2-3 years of experience in IT with at least 1-2 years of experience in a security role.
- Be willing to undergo training on tools, methods and technologies.
- Enjoy meeting people and be a good team-player.
- Have strong presentation and report writing skills.
- Have strong time management skills, including flexibility to work with shifting priorities and client needs.
- Value and practice high standards of ethical behaviour and professionalism.
PwC offers an environment that allows our people to progress on their own merits. Our commitment to you is that we will continually invest in your professional development, acknowledge and recognise your expertise, and provide you with the opportunity to apply the latest methodologies on a large and varied client base.