Electro Optic Systems Pty Ltd (EOS) is a leading Australian technology company operating in the space and defence markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms.
About the Role
EOS is conducting a search for an experienced and highly qualified Cyber Security Specialist responsible for implementing measures necessary to attain and retain NIST accreditation and manage key elements of the cyber programme to ensure quality deliverables are achieved on time and within budget and scope.
- Manage the cyber projects and relevant programme elements including discovery, analysis and design, procurement, development, testing, implementation, business transition and closure.
- Development and remediation of security documentation.
- Working with business and technical areas to support the development of security documentation in preparation for external IRAP assessment.
- Identify and assess risks and issues. Develop and implement strategies to reduce those risks and drive ownership as appropriate.
- Prepare status reports and presentations, high level analysis and design documents and present to the programme steering committee and broader forums as required.
To be considered for this role, your skills will be closely aligned with the following:
- Professional experience in developing a variety of technical documentation.
- Security policy and procedure writing experience.
- Sound understanding of the ASD and NIST security accreditation processes.
- Demonstrated experience working in cyber security and delivering cyber security programs.
- Demonstrated experience in writing technical and security governance documents to achieve accreditation to NIST standard.
- Proven experience in the successful delivery of similar ICT infrastructure and security projects.
- Demonstrated experience in management of complex tasks in defined timeframes.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders..
Bachelors and/or masters level qualifications in Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or comparable working experience.
Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and aerospace markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms.With our headquarters in Canberra and a growing global workforce, we are experiencing exponential growth and are placed to become Australia’s leading defence and aerospace exporter.The defence business develops and produces remotelycontrolled weapon systems and ancillary products. These systems are adaptable to suit potential customer weapon inventories and comprise state-of-the-art gimbal mounts, fire control systems and world-class sensor units.EOS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees.
If you are ready for positive changes in your career, please forward your resume and covering letter outlining your experience and why you believe you are the right fit for our organisation.
We may review, short-list and/or conduct interviews for this role prior to the closing date of applications, therefore we encourage the submission of early applications.
Due to Australian Government security clearance requirements for this role, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.