Secure your data in use
CYSEC SA is a data security company based at the EPFL Innovation Park in Lausanne, Switzerland. With the goal to become European leader in confidential computing, CYSEC developed “ARCA”, a hardened operating system able to protect data in its three states: at rest, in transit and in use. For distributed architectures (IoT, Space, Maritime, etc) involving embedded systems, CYSEC offers end-to-end solutions to be deployed in the backend (on premises, in the cloud) as well as in the edge.
To fuel its growth on the continental stage, CYSEC is opening an office at the new Cyber Campus in Paris. As part of the team that will be based in Paris focusing on cybersecurity solutions for the space market, CYSEC is looking for a Space Security Architect.
The Security Architect will be providing the technical vision at system level for all developments and projects related to the end-to-end security solutions developed by CYSEC for the space market. The position will also require managing the growing local technical team and making the connection with the Swiss team based in Lausanne.
This role involves the following responsibilities:
- Effective capture of customer requirements and turning these requirements into compelling value propositions, forming the technical basis for CYSEC proposals
- Lead and contribute to designing solutions for major projects and bids for the space market. This will require to conduct, as needed:
- Functional and security analysis.
- Design of the overall system concept.
- System level budget definition.
- Definition of spacecraft and/or payload subsystems and related data processing, and interfaces between payload/platform and launcher and ground segment;
- Assist the development of the overall vision, high level architectural design and Target Operating Model (TOM) for the bid, project or program.
- Verification plans (HW and SW components)
- System performance analysis.
- Work effectively with partners and subcontractors to contribute to a coherent solution, ensuring commercial sensitivities are considered appropriately.
- Assist the management of the project budget, ensuring compliance and effective use of resources
- Help to ensure that the operational and technical solution are fully reflected in the commercial proposal and costing model and that the solution is deliverable
- Ideal candidate
- 10 years+ experience in a leading technical position in cybersecurity solutions applied to space systems.
- Required profile:
- 5+ years of industry experience in space systems architecture design
- Hands-on experience in the design, implementation and testing of flight software and hardware
- Deep knowledge of on-board architecture and communications protocols used in the space industry
- Familiar with ground segment architectures and implementations, on premises and in the cloud
- Knowledge of cryptography and fundamental concepts of security-by-design is a plus
- Knowledge of cloud environment and containerization tools like Docker or Kubernetes a plus
- Project management experience of space systems from design to operations is a plus
- Excellent document production skills – design documents, architecture diagrams, etc
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to manage a growing team of flight hardware and software engineers
- Fluent English and French
- Work on the latest security tech: applying confidential computing to (new)-space systems
- Opportunity to build a team and contribute to the growth of an ambitious European startup
- Support in learning and building new skills on the fast-moving security and space markets
- Stimulating ecosystem at the new Cyber Campus
- Flexible work schedule
If you are an experienced and motivated security architect currently looking for a challenging new position that applies to your skills, then we look forward to receiving your application!