We are a New Space company with solutions covering the entire lifecycle of a space mission, including mission analysis and design, engineering, manufacturing, integration, testing, launch, and end-of-life decommissioning. Our competitive advantage is the versatility of our launch and deployment services that can be tailored to the customer’s needs, from the launch procurement of a single spacecraft using standard deployment strategies to the precise deployment of a full constellation with ION CubeSat Carrier, a free-flying dispenser developed and operated by us.
D-Orbit offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic team in which freedom is equal to responsibility. We are looking for motivation, passion for space and resilience. If you are a talented person, who loves challenges, not afraid to work hard, able to quickly recover from mistakes and day-by-day issues, and ready to keep our team pace, D-Orbit is the place for you.
We are looking for a candidate to join our Hardware Engineering team and actively follow board Electronic design. Deal with Electronic design from requirements definition to schematic entry. Support the System, Manufacturing and Mechanical engineering teams throughout the full product development life-cycle, supporting PCB outline, component placement, and routing process. Follow technical data exchange with suppliers and support manufacturing during board assembly and test. Participate in other HW Engineering activities involving both requirements definition, electrical design, verification, and testing.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the design of electronic boards from requirements to schematic definition, procedure management, and test coordination.
- Lead PCB outline, layer setup, component placement and signal routing requirements for Digital and Mixed-Signals applications.
- Lead interface with PCB services suppliers.
- Keep up with and know industry and space standards and technologies.
- Work with Hardware and System Engineers and manufacturing teams for the development and sustaining of current products.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Work experience of at least 3 years in space/automotive/medical industries.
- Experience with Altium designer tool.
- Experience with Spice simulation tool.
- Knowledge of VHDL.
- Experience with Libero SoC and Vivado tool suite.
- Proficient with high-speed and mixed-signals design and validation.
- Proficient in requirement management for high-speed digital design.
- Proficient in using electronic lab instruments (oscilloscope, multimeter, spectrum analyzer, power supply, electronic load, etc)
- Knowledge of common electronic interfaces like CAN, SPI, I2C, RS-422, RS-485, Space-Wire, MIL-1553.
- Proficient with common ECSS standard electronic analyses like PSA, WCA and FMEA/FMECA.
- A self-starter and highly motivated with strong organizational skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proactive attitude and ability to work in a team and individually;
- Knowledge of ECSS PCB mastering rules is a plus.
- Experienced with state-of-the-art PCB design tools and methodology is a plus.
- MSc degree in Electronics or equivalent practical experience.
- Full professional proficiency in the English language is mandatory.
Apply to D-Orbit by sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and providing us with your CV.