We are a New Space company with solutions covering the entire lifecycle of a space mission, including mission analysis and design, engineering, manufacturing, integration, testing, launch, and end-of-life decommissioning. Our competitive advantage is the versatility of our launch and deployment services that can be tailored to the customer’s needs, from the launch procurement of a single spacecraft using standard deployment strategies to the precise deployment of a full constellation with ION CubeSat Carrier, a free-flying dispenser developed and operated by us.
D-Orbit offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic team in which freedom is equal to responsibility. We are looking for motivation, passion for space and resilience. If you are a talented person, who loves challenges, not afraid to work hard, able to quickly recover from mistakes and day-by-day issues, and ready to keep our team pace, D-Orbit is the place for you.
We are looking for a hardware engineer. You will work on cutting edge space technology as part of an exciting team that will challenge your creativity and technical skills. Your tasks will include design, engineering, and testing of the circuit board, FGPA, and equipment. You will also develop early prototypes based on given specifications, test the prototype, and support the production screen testing.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Hardware and FPGA design, engineering and testing;
- Design of circuit boards, FGPA, and equipment featuring analog electronics, power, digital and microprocessors (mixed-signal);
- Development of early prototypes and their implementation based on the production documentation, prototype testing, and assembly, design of testing procedures for the prototypes, and support in the production screen testing.
- At least seven years of experience in hardware development;
- Confidence and proven experience in digital hardware design and FPGA firmware programming;
- Experience in supply management and PCB layout review;
- Experience in design-to-manufacture;
- Capability of working in autonomy and managing small teams;
- Resilience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work in a team setting to meet tight schedules;
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Experience in safety-critical, high-reliability, high-availability hardware design;
- Experience in space (ECSS-standard) and/or avionics hardware design;
- Experience in automotive and medical applications;
- Experience in electromechanical motor drives;
- Experience in using PDM/PLM tools.
- Engineering degree, preferably Electronic Engineering.
- Full professional proficiency in the English language is mandatory.