We are a New Space company with solutions covering the entire lifecycle of a space mission, including mission analysis and design, engineering, manufacturing, integration, testing, launch, and end-of-life decommissioning. Our competitive advantage is the versatility of our launch and deployment services that can be tailored to the customer’s needs, from the launch procurement of a single spacecraft using standard deployment strategies to the precise deployment of a full constellation with ION CubeSat Carrier, a free-flying dispenser developed and operated by us.
D-Orbit offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic team in which freedom is equal to responsibility. We are looking for motivation, passion for space and resilience. If you are a talented person, who loves challenges, not afraid to work hard, able to quickly recover from mistakes and day-by-day issues, and ready to keep our team pace, D-Orbit is the place for you.
As part of D-Orbit system engineering team for the Assembly, Integration and Verification, you will follow at system-level the whole lifecycle of D-Orbit’s spacecraft, focusing mainly on AIV activities. Working shoulder-to-shoulder with D-Orbit’s manufacturing team and all subsystem designers, you will be tasked with assembling and testing our Engineering Models, Structural and Thermal Models, and Flight Models. You will support the design and verification of the Ground Segment, manage and carry out launch campaign at the launch site, and support the flight operations team before and during on-orbit operations.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Overall spacecraft and subsystems verification plans definitions, maintenance, and control;
- Carry out Assembly, Integration, and Verification of spacecraft and subsystems at all levels, holding responsibility for spacecraft model (from Engineering Models to Flight Models) AIV;
- Support systems design implementing design-for-maintainability guidelines;
- Interfacing with all subsystems and teams during AIV phases;
- Execution of launch campaign;
- Support to LEOP and orbital operations;
- Authoring of Technical documents.
Qualifications and Requirements
- At least two years of working experience in a relevant field;
- Knowledge of System Engineering and system-level knowledge of all spacecraft subsystems;
- Knowledge of data busses architectures;
- Experience with data interfaces such as i2c, SPI, CAN, RS422/485;
- Hands-on experience with typical electronic laboratory equipment and tools;
- Proficient in working in a Linux environment;
- Experience in spacecraft AIV process;
- Knowledge in CubeSat Space Protocol is a strong asset;
- Knowledge in ESA PUS is a strong asset;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Proactive attitude and ability to work in a team.
- University degree preferably in the fields of Aerospace/Space Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Automation Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering or Computer Science and Engineering.
- Full professional proficiency in the English language is mandatory.
Apply to D-Orbit by sending an email at email@example.com, and providing us with your CV.