We are a New Space company with solutions covering the entire lifecycle of a space mission, including mission analysis and design, engineering, manufacturing, integration, testing, launch, and end-of-life decommissioning.
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join our team. You will become part of a growing software design group responsible for the delivery of software components across a range of embedded and high-performance applications in space.
Within a continuous integration environment, you will contribute to the entire application lifecycle with a focus on the specification, design, deployment, test, integration, and maintenance of software features. Improving and developing new features to shared libraries, adding additional capabilities to existing flight applications, will also be a key part of this. Through these activities and by working with the key stakeholders in the development process you will deliver exciting new features and directly support on-going spacecraft operations.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the entire application lifecycle, focusing on requirements elicitation, coding, debugging, and integration with the flight hardware
- Validation of features including integration with software-in-the-loop and hardware-in-the-loop test suites
- Scouting of the latest technologies within embedded software development and driving their adoption within the group
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the teams’ processes and methodologies
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements
Candidates with any level of experience will be considered, from new graduates through to senior engineers with several years of experience under their belt. Offers will be tailored based on the candidates’ experience. You will have at least some of the following skills:
- Experience delivering embedded software in any C-family language
- Knowledge of real-time operating systems (such as RTEMS or FreeRTOS) and/or operating systems targeted for embedded applications (such as any embedded Linux) is considered an advantage
- Knowledge of any typical embedded communication interfaces such as USART, SPI, I2C, CAN, Ethernet, EtherCAT
- Experience using and configuring any common build toolchains or similar development environment (such as ANT, WAF, Makefile, Visual Studio, etc.)
- Familiarity with using any Linux based distribution and appreciation of application development
- Familiarity with typical software development methodology and release versioning processes
- Familiarity with Git versioning system or any similar DVCS
- Experience with test-driven development
- Capability of working in autonomy
- Resilience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work hard in a team setting to meet tight schedules
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively
Bachelor or higher engineering degree, in any relevant area such as electronic engineering, computer science, or automation.
Full professional proficiency in the English language is mandatory.
D-Orbit offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic team in which freedom is equal to responsibility. We are looking for motivation, passion for space and resilience. If you are a talented person, who loves challenges, not afraid to work hard, able to quickly recover from mistakes and day-by-day issues, and ready to keep our team pace, D-Orbit is the place for you.
Apply to D-Orbit by sending an email at email@example.com, and providing us with your CV.
Thank you for your interest in D-Orbit. We’ll do our best to get back to you as soon as possible, even in case your profile should not be a perfect fit.