In-space servicing and transportation.
As a Flight Dynamics Engineer, you will be tasked with orbital maneuvers planning and execution for D-Orbit’s Fleet of Carriers and Reconnaissance and Servicing Vessels. This comprehends the development of flight dynamics and operations planning tools. From D-Orbit’s mission control center, within the Spaceflight Operations team, you will also conduct end-to-end mission operations, from design to execution, from launch to final deorbiting. Activities like payload operations, customer satellites’ deployments, satellite tasking, telemetry dump and post-processing, contingency and ground operations like failure detections and recovery as long as operations planning and scheduling and flight dynamics will be part of D-Orbit’s Spaceflight Operations team activities.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support to top-level design and requirements definition, starting from mission and payload requirements;
- Development and maintenance of flight dynamics tools;
- Detailed operations requirements and design definitions;
- Flight dynamics and maneuver planning operations;
- Interface with engineering and software team to define use cases, on-ground and on-orbit operations;
- On-orbit operations procedures design and verification,
- On-orbit operations planning and scheduling;
- Anomaly identification and resolution;
- Authoring of Technical documents.
Qualifications and Requirements
- At least 2 years of working experience in the spaceflight dynamics domain (e.g., orbital mechanics, mission analysis, flight operations, ground segment engineering);
- Knowledge of Spaceflight Operations Design;
- Knowledge of numerical Spaceflight Dynamics Principles;
- Knowledge of flight dynamics tools (Orekit, GMAT);
- Knowledge of System Engineering, Orbital and Attitude Dynamics;
- Knowledge of Ground Segment architectures is a plus;
- Knowledge in scripting languages (Python) is a strong plus;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Proactive attitude and ability to work in a team and individually;
- Familiarity with On-Board Control Procedures concepts is a plus.
- Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) preferably in Aerospace/Space Engineering.
- Full professional proficiency in the English language is mandatory.