We are a New Space company with solutions covering the entire lifecycle of a space mission, including mission analysis and design, engineering, manufacturing, integration, testing, launch, and end-of-life decommissioning.
We are looking for project managers to be integrated into the D-Orbit PM team. This position offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment inside one of the fastest-growing companies in the high tech industry.
As a PM, you will be responsible for planning, monitoring, and managing company projects, ranging from the strategic planning of activities to their implementation and control. Your job will also require you to draft, edit, and deliver proposals for grant applications or budgets and support data for the sales department. Your function will also require significant interaction with other Company departments, such as Technical, Sales, Administration, Purchase, Production, and Quality.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties (whenever applicable) for the flawless execution of projects;
- Ensure that the projects are delivered on time, within the scope and within budget;
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders;
- Develop detailed project plans to track progress and measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques;
- Perform risk management;
- Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project outputs;
- Proposal drafting and delivery as support to the sales team.
- Produce tools in Excel and Microsoft Project to support current and future Project Management Activities;
- Additional duties may be assigned, as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Technical background, with conceptual understanding or hands-on experience in space technologies;
- At least three years of experience in project coordination and management;
- Experience in aerospace projects gained from structured and dynamic environments;
- Knowledge of project management techniques;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Proactive attitude and ability to work in a team and individually;
- Leadership, management, and team coordination skills;
- Good Knowledge of PM software tools like Microsoft Project;
- PMP certification is a plus.
Advanced University Degree (Master’s degree or equivalent), preferably in Space Engineering or Management Engineering.
Full professional proficiency in the English language is mandatory.
D-Orbit offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic team in which freedom is equal to responsibility. We are looking for motivation, passion for space and resilience. If you are a talented person, who loves challenges, not afraid to work hard, able to quickly recover from mistakes and day-by-day issues, and ready to keep our team pace, D-Orbit is the place for you.
Thank you for your interest in D-Orbit. We’ll do our best to get back to you as soon as possible, even in case your profile should not be a perfect fit.