New Space Solutions
Qualifications and experience
- At least three years of working experience in systems engineering in the space industry;
- Familiarity with space operations and processes;
- Knowledge of the space missions lifecycle;
- Experience with applying System Engineering principles;
- System-level knowledge of all spacecraft subsystems;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Proactive attitude and ability to work in a team;
- Good communication skills with internal and external stakeholders;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Experience with ESA programs is a plus.
- Knowledge of Mission analysis software (GMAT/orekit) is a plus ;
- Experience in the use of Matlab and Python is a plus;
- Confluence and YOGI requirements experience is a plus;
- Knowledge of Linux is a plus;
University degree preferably in the fields of Aerospace/Space Engineering.
Full professional proficiency in the English language is mandatory.
As part of D-Orbit systems engineering team you will lead the technical development on several projects, managing customers, partners and subcontractors, defining priorities in delivering the technical solution. You will take a key role in development of processes and infrastructure in a major ESA project lead by D-Orbit. You will also interface with the manufacturing team and the AIV engineers and you will be responsible for the definition of the test plan, procedure, and setup.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Overall spacecraft and subsystems design;
- System and subsystems budgeting;
- Coordinate the integration of different subsystems;
- Mission/project requirements capturing & management;
- Interface with and support AIV team and related activities;
- Interface with manufacturing;
- Support to the system test plan, procedures, and setup definition;
- Authoring of Technical documents;
- Definition of system engineering process related to the satellite integration chain;