Customer Facing Data Scientists (CFDSs) are critical to making our customers successful. An ideal CFDS candidate should have strong fundamentals of applied data science in business setting, and should enjoy communicating and evangelizing data science solutions to business stakeholders.
Roles and responsibilities :
- Representing the DataRobot product from a technical standpoint to customers – including demonstrations, conducting proof-of-concept trials, helping clients evaluate success criteria, and training users
- Providing the customer’s point of view to DataRobot’s Product team, informing the direction of future product feature development
- Enabling customers to solve complex data science problems using DataRobot – including problem framing, data preparation, model building, model deployment, model management, and output consumption
- In some cases, executing data science workflows for customers
- Providing data science knowledge and expertise as a trusted advisor to the client
- Conducting and managing data science projects with customer’s vision of success in mind
- Collaborating with Sales, Field Engineers, and the rest of the DataRobot team to identify the best possible resources to move forward customer’s projects
- Building a long-term trusted relationship with the customer so that the customers can be led towards success
- Understanding and empathizing with customers’ pain points of building AI solutions
- Qualifying opportunities where DataRobot can be a suitable fit and thus making DataRobot more efficient
- Presenting DataRobot in industry conferences as well as creating powerful technical content for marketing purposes
On a day-to-day basis, CFDS work side-by-side with the Sales, Account Management, and Field Engineering teams to help our customers achieve their goals with DataRobot. Internally, CFDS act as the voice of customer to the Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams.
You will be part of the Customer-Facing Data Science team covering Central Europe, in particular Germany. You will be based remotely and primarily interact with clients and the team on videoconference, but you will also sometimes visit clients on-site (up to 10-15% traveling).
- 4-5+ years of real-world business experience in a data science role
- English speaking a must, German nice to have
- Hands-on experience building and implementing predictive models using machine learning algorithms
- Strong customer interaction experience
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent organizational, communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with a variety of technical tools for the manipulation of datasets
- Fluency with scripting (Python/R)
- Up to 40% travel
- Familiarity with consultative sales process in the analytics marketplace
- Familiarity with Hadoop and related Big Data technologies
- Familiarity with data prep tools like Alteryx or Trifacta
- Experience dealing with complex customer organizations
- Deep experience with specific industries (e.g. banking, healthcare, insurance) or specific problem types (e.g. time-series, optimization)
- Experience in MLOps – model deployment, monitoring, validation and operationalisation
DataRobot is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. DataRobot is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.