There is no hotter field than artificial intelligence, and DataRobot is at the forefront. DataRobot is a leader helping global businesses achieve their AI objectives and realize incredible business value through successful use of the DataRobot Automated Machine Learning Platform.
We are searching for an engineer that can handle complex problems. The Installation AI Support Engineer will work closely with developers to reproduce problems and deliver fixes as well as help design solutions that help our customers realize value. This is a customer facing position, and will require the ability to interact with the customer during schedule work or an escalated incident. The focus of this position will be developing techniques and tools to define problems and mitigate problems that block customer progress. The engineer is an excellent communicator, technically astute, with outstanding ability to troubleshoot issues.
This role will install the DataRobot platform in virtual private clouds as well as bare metal systems for our customers. Installs can involve containerization and unique customer environments. The Installation AI Support Engineer will help customers upgrade their system as DataRobot has updated versions. Along with installing the DataRobot product you will troubleshoot issues our customers experience as they submit tickets into our support portal. You will need to engage with customers over a ticket and through video calls to assist in troubleshooting or installing. Any issues you are unable to resolve would be escalated to a higher tier in support or directly to engineering. You will help develop knowledge base articles to assist Support in adding and maintaining our knowledge base. You will need to have experience in containerization.
At DataRobot we are launching a new era in support in which you assist customers, but you will also apply AI tools to better service our customers. Therefore, we are seeking candidates that are passionate about providing support and building tools that use the DataRobot Platform to provide an unprecedented support service. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leader and work at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence and Automated Machine Learning. As an Installation AI Support Engineer you will be working with data scientists, developers, and IT to help solve the most challenging AI, machine learning, and data science problems.
What you’ll do
- Ensure that our customer experience is exceptional
- Assisting customers by successfully installing or upgrading DataRobot on their platform
- Mitigating customer problems with their installation
- Work directly with customers through our support portal on issues they may be experiencing
- Get on video calls to help with any troubleshooting or installation needs
- Work with back-end engineering teams to mitigate and resolve escalated cases as well as ensure the voice of the customer is represented
- Create knowledge base articles
- Participate in on-call rotations for non-standard hours
- Custom installations with non-standard environments
- Providing technical requirements to engineering teams
What you need:
- Experience supporting customers
- Experienced with at least one cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Troubleshooting experience within enterprise infrastructure
- Linux and network administration
- Experiencing working with Engineering and communicating customer requirements
- Experience with database management (SQL, MongoDB, Redis)
- Experience with enterprise regulatory compliance and security
- Experience with SSO authentication and LDAP
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- 3+ years of industry support experience
- Python and R experience
- Experience with Data Science, machine learning, or artificial intelligence
- Experience with Hadoop
DataRobot is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. DataRobot is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.