We don’t know what the future of the space industry holds. Every week we see new companies coming to market, using space-based technology in new and exciting ways we had never imagined before. What we do know is that our industry is at the same inflexion point the internet was back when we went from dial-up to broadband. There are significant hurdles to overcome, and the heart of it all is mobility.
Dawn Aerospace was founded to redefine near-space transportation. Redefine how we deliver assets to space, position satellites on orbit and return things down to Earth to enable the vibrant and circular space economy of the future. To do this, we build scalable, accessible and sustainable spaceflight technologies – technologies that are sustainable for not just the foreseeable future, but the unforeseeable future.
Sales and Marketing Executive
As a sales & marketing executive, you will report to the Director of Sales. You will be responsible for supporting all sales and marketing activities within Dawn, with a focus on green satellite propulsion systems and commercial launch services.
You will assist in selling to new and existing customers, including satellite operators and manufacturers with a focus on New Space, foreign governments and agencies, research organisations, scientists and space exploration pioneers. You will do this by creating proposals, sales collateral, product sheets, graphics and renders, media releases, thought leadership articles, web copy and telling beautiful stories.
You will be given ownership of goals from start-to-finish and will operate with a great deal of autonomy. We believe in giving you the tools you need, then getting out of your way, but you must have a collaborative, inclusive and team-orientated approach.
The role will be diverse and demanding, meaning you must be agile and resilient. You must have the desire and ability to work in a young company – if you want a smooth and routine role; this role is not for you. But you will have the opportunity to demonstrate extreme ownership and be instrumental in Dawn’s commercial expansion.
This role may be located in Delft, The Netherlands or Christchurch, New Zealand depending on your location.
- Assist in selling Dawn satellite propulsion products and reusable suborbital/orbital launch services.
- Help manage customer relationships, and develop new sales opportunities.
- Elevate proposals to a level that can compete with any comparable Fortune 500 Company
- Be a relentless internal advocate for the customer within Dawn.
- Create and develop social, novel and thought leadership content for online and print media.
- Assist in implementing, managing and reporting back on Dawn’s online marketing activities and strategies.
- Infuse digital thinking and process automation to empower an agile and lean team.
- Interface with agencies and consultants as needed for events, PR and sales/marketing collateral.
- Institute and maintain brand standards and style across the company.
- Proactively seek tasks from sales directors and the executive team that frees their time to focus on new business development.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years’ experience in a role where you can demonstrate suitability for this role.
- Passion for our mission of sustainable, scalable and accessible spaceflight.
- Experience developing product renderings and graphics that simply communicate complex information.
- Gifted in the art of storytelling, design and communication to diverse audiences.
- Impeccable organisation.
- Demonstrated execution and success with increasing profile, pipeline and bottom line.
- Talking with others comes naturally, you derive satisfaction from resolving their issues, and you can distil complex concepts into the most straightforward explanations.
- Record of successfully planning and completing both short- and long-term projects on deadline.
- Proficient use of CRM tools, inbound marketing tools, CMS platforms, CAD and Adobe.
- Technical aptitude and strong analytical skills.
This is the first time such a role has become available within Dawn. No prior space experience is needed—we’re looking for people excited about tackling seemingly impossible challenges.
Dawn Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits any form of workplace harassment. Employment with Dawn is decided based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any other manner. We celebrate humanity.